Another Std

Started meds for syphilis yesterday.  Blood test last week said I had a little something to go with being poz.  While I am not shocked, it is the only time I have ever had an  STD after years of fucking bareback.

Found this on Wiki regarding sypillis:

rates of infection have increased since the turn of the millennium in many countries, often in combination with human immunodeficiency virus(HIV). This has been attributed partly to increased promiscuityprostitution, decreasing use of condoms, and unsafe sexual practices among men who have sex with men.

Guess my life has been taken from that one paragraph.  I am guess many other here have as well.

Hiv+ combo                             CHECK

Increased Promiscuity:            CHECK    (DOUBLE CHECK since being poz!!!)

Decrease use of condoms       CHECK   

Unsafe sex with men                 CHECK

Guys who are living that check list have to know the risks.   While I certainly do, this second STD reminds me that the risk is real and that the effects of the HIV+ virus are real as well.   No doubt, I knew what I was getting into.  Still, I wanted to post this as a reminder to other guys---this shit is real and you had better be prepared to deal with the outcome and not just be content to enjoy the great fucking.   

One of the compelling reasons I chased was to experience the process and results.  I know some will have a great deal of problems with that.  But much of my life has been spent in feeling and understanding things that others are afraid of.  Certainly there are huge risks, I know that, but I am hopeful that as I share what I feel and learn, others may be able to make decisions with a bit more information.   And, my own need to actually experience something to fully understand it will continue to drive me.

Also found out my VL is approaching 200K.   Guess it is med time for a little while at least.....gonna find out what that feels like as well.   

Certainly has been an interesting 5 weeks since I first felt the fuck flu....and a really eventful 100 days since I started inviting those delicious poz cocks into my ass.

• Upvote 4