Guy Asks About Status Two Weeks After The Sex

Speaking as someone who's at the other end of things, so to speak, presumably negative, people turning me before we do anything that they're poz have not been a turn-off. It's just another thing, the person telling me getting points for being open with me.

In my case, I consistently practice safer sex (bareback with two undetectables only, condoms consistently otherwise), and I'm educated enough about HIV to know that people under treatment are almost certainly safer. If I did not consistently practice safer sex--I have never taken anonymous loads on Craigslist--or if I did not know about HIV, or if I did neither, I'd have much greater anxiety.

I think telling this guy beforehand would have been a good idea avoid freakouts like his. I do not think that you put him at risk, since my understanding is that this scenario really does have a very low risk for the bottom. Depending on HIV disclosure laws in your jurisdiction, there is the possibility of some trouble.

I am concerned for this guy on account of his behaviour. What is a guy slated to be married thinking when he's putting up ads on Craigslist asking to be bred by random guys? The obvious risk to his health aside, the risk to his partner is also obvious.

I'm sorry.

• 1 year later...
Guest BBBoyfromTN

Consider it a lesson learned. I never admit to my status. He didnt ask first and he's hooking up off CL...what does he expect will happen? 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BBBoyfromTN

Devils advocate here, it is possible that like me, the guy got really shitty sex Ed in high school and knew little to nothing about his risk factors and what to ask about. That he's joining the Marines is also telling. A lot of guys join the Armed Forces because they're gay and want to get out of and away from bad circumstances and have no other means. That also serves as cover as it makes them appear to be more straight when they're not (I've had sex with a lot of military guys and trust me, I know). And anyone hooking up with guys off CL is hardly a virgin or inexperienced....trust me I've been there...I always lie and say "I rarely do this" too. I don't believe any guy when he says that.

if a guy doesn't ask me first I'm not going to tell him I'm poz detectable. I don't ask a guy who wants to fuck me because I'm already poz and don't care, if a guy doesn't ask me I presume he doesn't care, wants it, or is like I was, a du,b fuck who will get it soon enough. Your Marine-wannabe is probably in that last category...he's not been educated but he's getting it now.

• 2 months later...

As a negative bottom, I think it is ridiculous to question someone's status two weeks after letting someone dump his cum up your ass unless you were trying to pinpoint who successfully pozzed you.   Everyone knows hooking up with strangers on CL has risks.    If an individual wants to stay negative that individual needs to assume responsibility for his own behaviors and health, and stop trying to blame others for consequences of his own actions.