What's The Point Of Taking Anti-Aids Meds?

milkass

there's much cognitive dissonance involved in glorifying having hiv and then taking mediation to repress said hiv. do you want hiv or not? clearly you don't because you take medications to suppress it. almost all of you rely on insurance to pay for your medications meaning the rest of us are funding your deviant lifestyle with our taxes and insurance premiums. 

there's much cognitive dissonance involved in glorifying having hiv and then taking mediation to repress said hiv. do you want hiv or not? clearly you don't because you take medications to suppress it. almost all of you rely on insurance to pay for your medications meaning the rest of us are funding your deviant lifestyle with our taxes and insurance premiums. 

In the USA, which causes more disease, junk food and fast food eateries(Mcdonalds, BK etc) or HIVers?

If you answered junk/fast food, you answered correctly.

Heart disease, diabetes, cancer- inflammatory ailments cost taxpayers 100 million times more tax dollars than anything that HIVers could ever do.

Do you refer to heart disease patients as having a 'deviant lifestyle' as well?

Did you learn the term 'deviant lifestyle' from watching too much Fox News?

do you want hiv or not?

I suggest you spend some time reading the numerous threads on PREP here on BZ. There is an entire forum dedicated to PREP discussion here on BZ. It will help answer the ignorance seething from your post as to whether we want HIV or not.

Today's HIVer tends to be far healthier than our neg counterparts.

In fact, today's HIVers are often among the healthiest people that I know.

I can argue that neg bigots like yourself are the real drain on taxpayer dollars.

Overweight? Out of shape? Cholesterol or blood pressure issues?

Before lecturing us, just how healthy are you?

Again, are you healthy enough to come here and start lecturing us as to whether we are a drain on TP dollars OR are you the real drain?

I relish the chance to have this discussion with you.

• Upvote 2

...almost all of you rely on insurance to pay for your medications meaning the rest of us are funding your deviant lifestyle with our taxes and insurance premiums. 

Ignoring the reference to "deviant lifestyle" there is a kernel of truth in this comment. Taxes and insurance premiums have to increase when drugs are provided by the government or when more people get coverage. There's no doubt about it.

• Upvote 2

Guest ff-whole

Okay folks, slow down... Let us calm down for a moment.

It sounds very harsh but we are not all the same and same diplomatic but in a way he [@milkass] has a good discussion point...

And said so, so does @Pozwarts...

DO the healthy people have to pay for those that live unhealthy and eat junkfood all the time, or smoke like crazy...?

In Europe the healthy people get discounted rates for health insurance. Now that said I think the pharmaceutical industry/mafia makes enough money with their outrageous prices, but that is another discussion.

So please slow down all and try to make this a constructive discussion.

There are so many things to take issue with in the OP's statement. But I'll take on just two. First: a lot on here didn't ask for the bug. Didn't chase and never wanted it. But they got it anyway. Being on here gives those people a little bit of a sense of belonging. Not judged for having what they didn't ask for. Until posts like these pop up. So of course they are going to take the meds. Why wouldn't they? Second: There are individuals on here that don't glorify HIV necessarily. They just enjoy bareback sex. Horses of a different color.

• Upvote 10

There's much cognitive dissonance involved in choosing a headline referring to anti-AIDS meds and then cavorting to "taking mediation to repress said hiv". I assume you meant medication, not mediation.  However I don't know if you are using semantics to blur the line between HIV and AIDS.  Just for the record, HIV is the virus. AIDS is the disease caused by the virus. You continued by asking us "do you want hiv or not?"...When you ask that question so facetiously on a website like this you must be trying to touch raw nerves. That you accomplished. You made your statement. Bravo! And for emphasis you mentioned repressing HIV and suppressing HIV.  Based on your brief statements, you are uniquely unqualified to use the screen name "milkass". Unless your screen name is all part of your temerity to perpetuate your reckless disregard for any sense of decency or civility. Your lack of decency reached a crescendo when you mentioned reliance on health insurance and the funding of our deviant lifestyle. By definition you are the deviant spewing your venom among us.  But we won't take your bait. We will rise above your pettiness and childish rant.

• Upvote 3

Milks when you don't know what you're talking about go & sit on the toilet bowl - I have insurance & i pay 60% tax which is the highest tax bracket in europe you dick, so if anyone is paying for my meds in the future it will be me besides i think it's worse paying schooling for all those poor basterds that keep breeding kids that they can't support, i could go on but to be honest i don't wish to lower myself to your level.

How about this truth - you're an asshole who does not know how to have a civil conversation. Enjoy your break. Try to be polite when you can post again.

Just do it give him some warning points, i've been given loads for less.

• Upvote 2

Or we could start a complaint about who pays for all the fat basterds in the world, you know who i'm talking about all those bible bashers who can hardly walk around because they've stuffed themselves full of food, yes all those obese fat fat people. Do i or should i feel sorry for them no because again they have eaten all the food themselves & that in turn makes food prices go up. So we are left with paying for them too.