Prep Now Available In Canada

rawfuckr

Guest kazore

Does it mean that prep is reimbursed by the canadian public health insurance ?

It is provided for free in France, on and covered by most insurances in the US. Im curious to know how it is in Canada.

Edited by kazore

• 5 months later...

Does it mean that prep is reimbursed by the canadian public health insurance ?

It is provided for free in France, on and covered by most insurances in the US. Im curious to know how it is in Canada.

I don't know about the other provinces but it is not covered in British Columbia, for the average person.

It is covered in my country through what we call "Plan Obligatorio de Salud" (Health Obligatory Plan) that is a list of the minimum of an insurance company has to offer to people and with no copays. But you have to be lucky enough in order to be prescribed by a physician. They only believe it is too treat AIDS / HIV not as a pre exposure profilaxis...

My country is COLOMBIA

In Ontario, the public insurance system doesn't typically cover prescription drugs at all, except for those below a certain income line. My private insurance (Sun Life) has covered PrEP without any issues. (Thankfully, since a month's worth costs CAD $1000...)