Hiv From Bj? Braces, Mouth Sores..

Hey,

So last week I got braces. They've caused some sores in my mouth. No blood, but the wire has ripped into the inside of my cheek a bit, making it rough and red.

Yesterday I sucked off a guy who turned out to be poz. Don't know anymore about him. 

He shot a big load in my mouth and I swirled and swallowed it. 

How at risk do you think I am? I know its negligible but I'm stressing! 

Hi kikk2015,

The simple answer is you are more at risk if there is a sore in your mouth than if there were not. 'Safer' practice for oral sex even advises not to brush your teeth or floss before oral sex. The mouth is highly vascularized and HIV infects by getting into the blood or lymph system, so the idea is to minimize possible blood exposure.

When we get a wound of some sort, the body rushes to repair it causing an inflammatory response. That's the "red" that you are seeing in your mouth. Unfortunately, the way HIV infects us is through the very system our body uses to fend off infection (i.e., the immune system).

There is something you can do If you are stressing. You can take a course of HIV med's prophylactically (i.e., preventatively).  Post exposure prophylaxis (PEP) is something you need to do quickly, within 72 hours of exposure, to be effective. 

• Upvote 1