Ode To Our Now Closed Gay Treasures.

PozSlime

On 12/6/2017 at 7:19 PM, bredbiyou said:

Within the span of a few months Toronto will have gone from four bathhouses to two. The Cellar closed a few months ago, and Central Spa is closing before the end of December.

Just wanted to share an update. I just learned that Central Spa has reopened as Splash Spa, after a former employee bought the business from the previous owner. While not as raunchy as The Cellar, the thing I've always appreciated about this bathhouse is that it attracted more of an action-oriented clientele who weren't simply there to show off or socialize. Its location well outside of the gay village made it a popular location for attached bi and closeted guys who just wanted to enjoy a good fuck and suck before heading home to their families. I'm very glad this place wasn't lost for good.

• 3 weeks later...

San Francisco used to be a bathhouse heaven, and to this date there's still a law on the books making them illegal on a technicality within city boundaries. There are a few clubs, but they just aren't the same, and not all of them are that great.

I've tried looking for a history of what used to be available before they all closed, just to see what I could've visited, but there's only a few nostalgia pieces out there. What a shame.

On 3/9/2016 at 7:40 PM, PozSlime said:

Another for me was Man's World bath in Chicago. Closed in 2005.

I believe you meant "Man's Country. " (I never made it to either location but as a lover of bathhouses and their stories "Country" rings correct [and below latinocumwhore1 wrote "Man's Country" which reminded me].  

I'll never forget the Bijou,  or Man's Country, because it was the setting of one of the first breeding stories I ever read (from xtremesex, at least I think I read it there) .  It was about an older white guy who didn't have much luck at the Bijou and ended up dozing off on a bench only to wake up as a bunch of black guys were pleased to find his hole ready and willing, despite a token struggle, because it's hotter for everyone when there's resistance. 

Unfortunately, I didn't make it to Chicago in time to experience these gay treasures.  Thanks for starting this thread so they, and the many others like them are memorialized!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest takingdeepanal
On 2/26/2018 at 6:12 PM, InsatiableBoy said:

San Francisco used to be a bathhouse heaven, and to this date there's still a law on the books making them illegal on a technicality within city boundaries. There are a few clubs, but they just aren't the same, and not all of them are that great.

I've tried looking for a history of what used to be available before they all closed, just to see what I could've visited, but there's only a few nostalgia pieces out there. What a shame.

It's almost the same as The Fortress that was the HQ for kink.com. They moved to Vegas. Hypocritical city council made it too tough for them to survive, so they upped sticks and left. Would love to be in one of their films ...

In addition to the now closed Man's Country, the Bijou Theater in Chicago was once a really fun place - theater downstairs with cubicles and slings and gloryholes etc upstairs.  Had many a wild night there!

• 10 months later...
Guest PozGoat
On 3/21/2018 at 3:57 PM, phukhole said:

In addition to the now closed Man's Country, the Bijou Theater in Chicago was once a really fun place - theater downstairs with cubicles and slings and gloryholes etc upstairs.  Had many a wild night there!

I may have plowed ur hole there one night. I was somewhat regular at both Bijou and MC before they closed. I miss both venues dearly. They will always be in my memories.

Both were home to some of my hottest encounters ever.

@PozGoat quite possibly. I took manya  load there in the theater, the cubicles, the gloryholes, the slings.... sometimes I was blindfolded sometimes not.  There were many a time I walked out of there bowlegged with a river of cum running out of my hole!

• 2 years later...