Prep Overdose?

BrockTop1973

Guest Porthos

skip the dose....especially if you have been on it for a while...there should be enough residual in your blood to maintain protection.....

Whenever taking a prescription drug of ANY kind, it is very wise to maintain a journal where you simply write down the DATE, TIME, DOSAGE TAKEN.

This could be a calendar hanging on your wall that you write on each day, or a notepad stuck to your fridge door, or a little black book that you take with you whereever you go.

Always write down your dosage when you take in case you're forgetful like most of us are. Daily meds get so monotonous that it is easy to forget, did I take my meds this morning etc?

Always write it down DAILY.

• Upvote 2

Use a pill box... but in the event of missing a dose, I know with HIV meds the general rule is, if its less than 12 hrs...take IT, more than 12 hrs, skip it.  Not remembering?? I'd miss the dose rather than double up. If it happens frequently, definitely use a pill box or journal

• Upvote 2

I have a schedule of 7:30-8:30am in the morning for some of my vitamins and pain killers, this one is usually pretty easy for me to remember as it's about the first thing I do when getting up and ready fro the day. I also have 5:30 setup in the evening for other meds I'm taking. Thi sis the one where i either get busy and slip up on or when things really get hectic, forget and can't remember if I've taken at all. To combat this now, I've taken to the dual pill boxes, marked "Morning" and the other of course as "Evening", but in addition, have set the alarm clock feature on my cell phone to go off at both times, just as an added reminder. Also as has been said, I also have a calendar page especially printed out for each month and placed near where I keep the meds, so as to keep daily written account of the exact time I take them with any variances showing. It's a pain in the arse, but works the best for me in my old and senile age!! lol