Hi,

I started on PrEP a week ago so I hope to start freely barebacking soon. I used to only top as I don't like to use condoms and a top has less risks of getting infected, but as that limit is being taken away, I hope to start getting fucked and take loads as much as give them.

Now I've got a question about the risk for my partner who's not on PrEP. How much risk is there for a neg top when he bare fucks a bottom who has already poz loads in his ass from earlier hook-ups? As I love sloppy seconds and hope to do that a lot now, I'd like to know the risk for the other guys.

For safe only guys it's easier to loose the condom when they have sex with a guy on PrEP so I don't want to give my sex partners a false feeling of security by accidentally infecting them thrpugh sloppy seconds.

Thank you in advance for your response!

Ps. Love hearing your stories on sloppy seconds (and thirds ect.) as well!

• Upvote 1

Well, putting numbers on such things is always difficult, especially because no specific studies have been conducted on such a scenario. I can't imagine a lab knowingly putting fresh loads into a bottom's ass, then making HIV-negative tops "butter-churn" it all in order to see who is going to get infected in the long run and come up with some figures.

I guess the only sensible thing to do is to actually talk about it (hard to do when you're "in the moment", but still...) and say that even though you yourself are protected the loads you get fucked into you are not "safe" by definition. 

Bottom line: giving and receiving unprotected anal sex are both high-risk as far as HIV goes. Fucking as a top is "safer", especially if you're circumcised, but the risk isn't equal to zero, and quite a lot of people get infected that way, with the other guys' cum going into the tops urethra and potentially developing from there.

You can use the doc I've attached if you want some figures, but once again the main idea is that ,nothing is risk-free.

P04-14p53.risk_transmission.pdf

Edited by paris_student
  • Upvote 1

You're always welcome :-)

The interesting thing about HIV is that it's a very fragile virus outside of the human body, and typically starts to die within hours of the infected guy's sperm being ejaculated (outside of the human body I mean).

From what I understand the longest it can survive is up till a few days in dry blood at room temperature. I remember being lectured about HIV being still "alive" in used syringes (but I don't slam so it doesn't concern me) and also on dried blood on the neck of poppers bottles (due to possible micro-abrasions in the nose when sharing poppers, but that's very unlikely anyway).

I also know that when they take your blood for HIV screening they store the blood in specific fridges, without the virus diminishing its activity, so that gives you a clue about HIV surviving extreme cold.

HIV doesn't tolerate anything acid either, that's why it's killed fast in saliva and possibly by a woman's vaginal secretions.

I think the bottom line here is that environmental transmission of HIV is very low, since HIV cannot multiply outside of a "host" that has cells it can infect (unlike fungi or bacteria) and needs very specific conditions to survive, namely controlled temperature and an airtight space like a sealed box.

I'm not a doctor though, so if anybody knows anything more please chime in ! 

Edited by paris_student
  • Upvote 2

I can't imagine a lab knowingly putting fresh loads into a bottom's ass, then making HIV-negative tops "butter-churn" it all in order to see who is going to get infected in the long run and come up with some figures.

I can imagine it with that description... but I agree it's not a likely scenario for a study. lmao

• Upvote 2

• Moderators

Your PReP should take care of any hiv provided you are taking it daily. However there are lots of other nasties that are easily caught from multiple loaded guys.. I picked up a dose of hep c last year in Germany.

No. If the top is not on PrEP and he fucks a pre-loaded bottom bareback, he is at some very small risk for catching something from those loads. PrEP keeps HIV from being able to reproduce in the tissues of your own body. The bottom being on PrEP does not disinfect the load swimming in his ass. 

I recall being told you have a probability of 1 in 400 of contracting HIV; that is, 1 in every 400 exposures to HIV.

However ... the risk comes with having any STD. It increases your chances by 10x ... yikes. So another load could give you an STD, thus increasing your likelihood of getting the big one!