What's Worse? Aging As A Top Or Aging As A Bottom?

hungry_hole

Whether it's at the baths, at a sex club or sex party, most of the times there are more bottoms than tops. This makes it very competitive for bottoms and in general bottoms in their 20's and 30's end up getting most of the attention from the tops. This is what I observe now and it's what I've experienced in my life. When I was a young bottom the attention was sometimes excessive and even annoying if too persistent. I have also noticed that top guys are kept busy by eager bottoms with a hungry hole no matter the age of the top. At the baths there will always be some hole that will be happy to take the load of a 70 or even 80 year old guy, as long as he can get it hard and shoot a load.

As you pass your 50's, although it could be earlier,

(1) If are able to top, is it easier for you to get more action by being a top as you get older?

(2) If you have been a bottom, have you lost appeal as you get older?

I'll start by answering them:

(1) Not much into topping but I know that if I decide to start topping I can always find a willing hole.

(2) I personally didn't noticed much difference in getting attention from tops until my late 50's. In my 40's and 50's, although I was old by some standards, I didn't notice any real changes and I was getting all the sex I wanted. I kept myself in very good shape and was very masculine so I had no trouble hooking up with guys at the baths or online. I had tons of sex from mid 40's to my late 50's.

Aging as a bottom is worse, no question. There are always young bottoms looking for daddies. Plus, the top/bottom dynamic serves an older top. If he has a big cock, he's golden.

As a bottom, it seems no one will even answer your ad if you're older. I still look pretty good, so I put my hottest photo up and manage to get some takers.

What's funny is, even older men are picky about getting younger guys. I can't count the number of ads I've seen where a guy in his forties specifies someone under 40.

I think there's also a mindset that older bottoms are more likely to have STDs, or something. They've been fucking for years, so you'll probably pick something up if you fuck them.

Edited by nastybottom
  • Upvote 1

When I was younger I lived in big cities, no complaints then. And even when I was in my 40s I still looked like a 30-something.

A while ago I moved to a small town. Not many gay guys around here (online) and even less who prefer BB. So, less sex. And I got older of course.

On the other hand this sometimes turns into an advantage. With not many guys around horned up tops are willing to fuck any hole regardless age. And while I am not really into young guys I had a few who contacted me and fucked me. Probably because young ass is not around when they are horny but I am not complaining ;-)

I guess in a bathhouse I cannot really compete but those aren't around here.

Guess it is easier for a top to get older and still find enough willing holes.

• Upvote 1

My guess is that an older bottom probably has to:

1) become less picky (e.g. anonymous sex like darkrooms where people are less likely to screen you out based on appearance).

2) keep their bodies/faces looking youthful (e.g. exercise and manscaping).

3) do what older straight men do - i.e. get out the wallet.  :D

I think older tops have their issues too. A hot (young) bottom is probably more interested in a hot young top. I'm convinced that we all tend to be attracted or drawn to what we cannot have (or have easily). So I'm sure there are plenty of older tops who are not happy that they can no longer snap their fingers and fuck the bottoms they want. 

I'm pretty good friends with some total tops and the thing I hear them complain most about is that the guys they lust after won't bottom for them. So imagine the irony! Bottoms are in heat wanting dick and the tops are crying in their beer over a fellow top that doesn't want his prostrate bumped. :confused:

Edited by bbzh
  • Upvote 4

Guest ff-whole

As an older bottom I concur with the above... So I too prefer darkrooms but they are none around...

For my own personal preference; I have rather a older 45+ top giving me a thorough fuck.... and as long as the dick is hard and not covered with warts and a bushel of hair looking like a fucking jungle, he can stick it in me.

By the way what those tops looking for young holes maybe don't know.... I have great control of my ass muscles and have stunned many tops very positively... so go figure...

I have a very difficult time finding men of any age to fuck me. Whether it's online or in person at a bathhouse I go to. I will get no action in my room. I'm nude, door open, laying on my stomach, etc. Nothing. I go to the gloryholes and get all the cock I want. Some guys don't fuck and only want head.Last weekend there were two young hot guys walking around the bathhouse together. They wouldn't even look at me. I saw them go into a booth together so I went into a booth next to them. I put my mouth to the hole and sucked both of them for awhile. One of the guys was quite hard so I held his cock and lubed it up and backed onto his cock. He didn't run away. Gave me a great fuck, but didn't cum. Other guy put his cock in and I sucked it a bit and then tried to back up on him, but he pulled away. His loss. I wish younger guys would realize I may not be a  looker any anymore, but I can suck and get fucked with the best! Don't reject me on looks or age.

I have a very difficult time finding men of any age to fuck me. Whether it's online or in person at a bathhouse I go to. I will get no action in my room. I'm nude, door open, laying on my stomach, etc. Nothing. ...I wish younger guys would realize I may not be a  looker any anymore, but I can suck and get fucked with the best! Don't reject me on looks or age.

It's inevitable that as one ages, the older the man the less desired he feels. I can easily come to terms with "being less desired" by simply remembering that in my youth older men were either invisible to me or sometimes repulsive and annoying. I used to enjoy cruising in parks and I was frustrated by the high number of older men (over 40). I wanted a place with men my age in their 20's and 30's. Looking back I now realize that I was being too closed minded and probably lost some good experiences with older men. But at the time that is what I needed.

Part of the appeal for "young slutty bottoms" is that they are scarce. Many young guys fantasize about it but don't have the guts. Any time a 18-22-year twink take-all-loads bottom gets on a public sling at the baths will probably take load after load, even from so-called total bottoms and from guys who don't even like twinks. In contrast, a 60-year old bottom can expect to lie on the same sling for hours without anyone paying any attention.

When I go to the baths, which I don't very often go now, I use things to stand apart from other bottoms. I don't use public slings because the age thing. But I rent a room with a sling because I know that some guys would fuck me but need some privacy. I also "decorate" my room with strategic signs that glow in the dark. These signs have really worked well for me.

I agree with most here, that you're gonna have more challenges as an aging bottom than as an aging top. One of the factors that I haven't seen noted is letting yourself go appearance wise. It's harder to stay in shape as we age and some guys obviously don't even try. As a younger guy, I preferred guys my own age, but an 'older' guy could still turn my head (and have my ass) if he was in good shape.

Having said that, what I consider "good shape" is not what others do. I don't need a lot of muscle to turn me on, but I am attracted to a slender guy who is groomed.  But honestly, that has little to do with sex for me, I enjoy just about anyone who can get it up and wants to insert it, but I'm usually face down so visual appeal is not a factor.

For various reasons, a lot of my sex life with guys has been anonymous to the point that I do not even see them.  That seems to work well even though I am aging. I don't really look much older from behind lol.  In anonymous fuck it becomes more about the physicality and attitude than looks or age. I used to have a fb who was "morbidly obese" (I mean that as a medical designation), he bred me on a regular basis. He was a great relationship for me and I learned from the experience. I developed affection for him as a person and his weight stopped mattering to me. I've had similar experiences when it comes to age, but in those cases, the visual was not a part of the package. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest wskin99

Its gonna sound fucked up but "ideally" bottoms evolve by moving into dark rooms or waste away if they are not on meds. Tops continue fucking and pref getting fucked. I have sen young dudes going into the basements and sticking their young bare cocks into every hole that presented to them. And to put the veteran cock covered with  bumps of love scars in their young mouths.