Why Do Republicans Hate Gay People?

PozSlime

4 minutes ago, inmyass262 said:

but still a significant number

I would be interested in reading the data that supports your comment.  I would have considered it to be a larger contingent of Dems.  Is the "significant number" a percentage of those interviewed?  

5 minutes ago, evilqueerpig said:

you're a fiscal conservative

Allocation of resources is a thorny issue that sorely needs to be addressed.  I'm probably more liberal/progressive than a lot of Dems, but the power lies in the traditional two parties.  I don't see a Libertarian being elected to high office any time soon (or, later, for that matter).

6 minutes ago, hntnhole said:

I would be interested in reading the data that supports your comment.  I would have considered it to be a larger contingent of Dems.  Is the "significant number" a percentage of those interviewed?  

When you look at the left there are certain groups the are much more religiously affiliated and have a strong anti gay sentiment. I live in urban environment, I see it everyday. 

1 minute ago, inmyass262 said:

When you look at the left there are certain groups the are much more religiously affiliated and have a strong anti gay sentiment. I live in urban environment, I see it everyday. 

It's the Evangelicals who've taken over the GOP....and moved it to the Extreme Right.  Their sacred cow Ronald Reagan never mentioned HIV/AIDS and by today's GQP standards, he'd be a Liberal!

1 minute ago, evilqueerpig said:

It's the Evangelicals who've taken over the GOP....and moved it to the Extreme Right.  Their sacred cow Ronald Reagan never mentioned HIV/AIDS and by today's GQP standards, he'd be a Liberal!

The evangelicals have not taken over the right. The populist have. Yes the evangelicals have a loud voice but they are not the majority of the right.

16 minutes ago, inmyass262 said:

The liberal religious people I know (or have known) were Dorothy Day Catholic Worker types, Unitarians or Episcopal Church types who had a gay priest in their church. None of them were anti-gay. 

Who are these supposed liberal anti-gay people? Names, not just generalized.

Stop playing the "whataboutism" card. Pretending both sides are the same. They most definitely are not.

It's silly, and all of us know it's an absurd position to take. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sfmike64 said:

The liberal religious people I know (or have known) were Dorothy Day Catholic Worker types, Unitarians or Episcopal Church types who had a gay priest in their church. None of them were anti-gay. 

Who are these supposed liberal anti-gay people? Names, not just generalized.

Stop playing the "whataboutism" card. Pretending both sides are the same. They most definitely are not.

It's silly, and all of us know it's an absurd position to take. 

I respect your opinion. 

24 minutes ago, inmyass262 said:

I respect your opinion. 

But you can't back up your statement (or choose not to). OK. Suit yourself. 

But the Republican party has shown us that they are virulently anti-gay. Sure there are exceptions (Senator Rob Portman became less anti-gay when his son came out to him) but 98% of them hate us. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sfmike64 said:

But you can't back up your statement (or choose not to). OK. Suit yourself. 

But the Republican party has shown us that they are virulently anti-gay. Sure there are exceptions (Senator Rob Portman became less anti-gay when his son came out to him) but 98% of them hate us. 

Ok back up your 98% hate is statement.

look man nothing I’m going to say is going to make you wake up tomorrow and be like “fuck,  that guy was right, republicans aren’t so bad”. So I’m not going to debate you because you’re pulling stats out your ass at a much faster rate than I can. You win,  100% of all republicans are gay haten’ red necks and those of us that are gay must hate ourselves, not things like high taxes, communism, ect.