Undetectable Bttm

But not impossible.

The CDC have made an assessment that I will link below but the risk to him is 0.11%

The fact that you are undetectable reduces the risk as does him being circumcised.

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/estimates/riskbehaviors.html

That's the risk, PER EXPOSURE to an INFECTIVE Source.  And undetectable partner, reduces that 0.11% by 98%.

That's the risk, PER EXPOSURE to an INFECTIVE Source.  And undetectable partner, reduces that 0.11% by 98%.

Agreed.

Once I looked into the statistics I was struck by the relatively low risk of transmission.

Thats the the real answer to the OP.

Yes its possible but it is so unlikely that you could fuck daily for well over a year before the odds start catching up to him.

• Upvote 1

Don't fall into the trap of thinking about odds catching up with you. The chances are the same each and every time. It's practically unheard of for a top to catch HIV from a bottom with an undetectable VL, but that's not the same as impossible, just very, very unlikely.

There's a gene, the presence of which makes a person almost certain to have a life-threatening reaction to abacavir, a common ARV: it's common enough that it's automatic to check for the gene's presence. It's prevalence amongst whites of north-east European extraction is about 10%: that doesn't mean that very tenth such person to be tested for the gene at a given clinic will be found to have it, just that about 10% of all tests done for the gene will be positive...

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/4/2016 at 9:47 PM, bearbandit said:

Don't fall into the trap of thinking about odds catching up with you. The chances are the same each and every time. It's practically unheard of for a top to catch HIV from a bottom with an undetectable VL, but that's not the same as impossible, just very, very unlikely.

Very good point.

Incredibly unlikely things happen every day but as long as everyone knows that transmission is possible and people are honest with each other then I see no problems.

• Upvote 2