Shooting At Pulse Gay Club In Orlando

Guest SecretCumWhore

Guest SecretCumWhore

Please be safe out there gents. This world is not as safe as we think it is at times. This could have been a bathhouse or someplace else. :-(

---------

http://m.rte.ie/news/2016/0612/794939-orlando-florida/

Fifty people died and another 53 were injured when a gunman opened fire and seized hostages at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, police said, making it the worst mass shooting in US history.

The shooter was identified as Omar S. Mateen, a man that a senior FBI official said might have had leanings towards so-called Islamic State militants.

The death toll given by Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer and police made the attack the deadliest single shooting incident in US history, eclipsing the 2007 massacre at Virginia Tech university, which left 32 dead.

A police officer working as a security guard inside the Pulse nightclub responded to shots fired at around 2am local time and engaged in a gun battle with the suspect.

Orlando Police Chief John Mina said a hostage situation then ensued before a decision was made around three hours later to rescue the hostages and the suspect died after exchanging gunfire with officers.

The gunman was armed with an assault rife and a handgun and had "some type of device on him".

Chief Mina said one police officer was injured, but not seriously, and his kevlar helmet likely saved his life.

It was unclear whether all the victims were killed by the gunman or if some died in the ensuing shootout with police.

"Do we consider this an act of terrorism? Absolutely, we are investigating this from all parties' perspective as an act of terrorism," said Danny Banks, special agent in charge of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. "Whether that is domestic terrorist activity or an international one, that is something we will certainly get to the bottom of."

On its Twitter page, Pulse describes itself as Orlando's premiere gay ultra lounge, nightclub and bar.

Javer Antonetti, 53, told the Orlando Sentinel newspaper that he was near the back of the dance club when he heard the gunfire.

"There were so many (shots), at least 40," he said. "I saw two guys and it was constant, like 'pow, pow, pow'."

The club later updated its Facebook page thanking people for their "thoughts and love" and saying "please keep everyone in your prayers as we work through this tragic event".

A White House spokesperson said President Barack Obama had been briefed on the situation in Orlando.

"The President asked to receive regular updates as the FBI and other federal officials work with the Orlando Police to gather more information," the spokesperson said.

Police said they had carried out a "controlled explosion" at the club hours after the shooting broke out, but did not explain why that was done.

Video footage showed police officers and civilians carrying injured people away from the club and bending over others who were lying on the ground.

Dozens of police cruisers, ambulances and other emergency vehicles could be seen in the area.

"It was one after another after another after another," Christopher Hansen told CNN, describing the gunfire inside the club. "It could have lasted a whole song."

Hours after the incident ended, family members and friends were in the neighbourhood trying to locate loved ones who were missing and believed to have been at the club.

Police set up a restricted perimeter around the club to keep people away.

One woman was trying to find a young man who had been at the club. She said the man was like a nephew to her and had not been heard from since the shooting. "We've been trying too reach him but we haven't heard anything."

The shooting came just over a day after a gunman shot and killed singer Christina Grimmie following a concert at the city's Plaza Live venue.

Grimmie's killer, who took his own life, was identified as 27-year-old Kevin James Loibl, of St Petersburg, Florida.

Loibl was armed with two handguns, ammunition and a hunting knife, police said. His motive was unknown.

Officials said there is no indication that the shooting at Pulse was related to the singer's killing.

post-28445-0-92308000-1465746024_thumb.jpeg

post-28445-0-22690300-1465746036_thumb.jpeg

post-28445-0-99125000-1465746041_thumb.jpeg

post-28445-0-07377300-1465746048_thumb.jpeg

Horrifying, tragic victims of religious hate. Clearly targeted for being gay. The shooter enraged by seeing 2 men kiss.

This is why it is time to BAN these man-made fake religions.

America has long been a festering shithole of religious oppression and it will only get worse.

The only prayer you'll ever hear this Atheist say..

"Oh Lord, protect us from your followers."

• Upvote 1

This guy was an unofficial member of ISIS. His dad said he was enraged because he saw two men kiss, but that's bullshit. The FBI knew about him for years. I also read his father seemed to have some extremist leanings, too. I get the strange feeling his son was gay and didn't come to terms with it. I wouldn't be surprised if that comes out at some point.

It's just sick and disgusting what happened to these people. My condolences go out to everyone affected by this.

I think when the dust settles, we going to find that this guy was not only a Muslim extremist but also gay and terribly conflicted between the two.

Reports are emerging that he's been to that club before and I believed that from the start. To do what he did and hold out that long it kinda makes sense.

I've been upset for days now. For those poor people who lost their lives and for all of us who are gay.

• Upvote 1

• Moderators

Now they are saying the shooter frequented the club for months before the attack, had a Jack'd account that was active, and had asked at least a couple of male classmates out on dates. He was so uncomfortable with the idea of being gay that it made most guys uncomfortable being around him. Also, there seem to be no credible links to terrorist groups; the only evidence they have is his 911 call. I think that was probably an attempt to throw people off the track of his homosexuality just like his telling his dad how he hated seeing two men kiss. 

I think he was just another sad queer so beat down by his religion that he snapped. 

• 2 weeks later...