Its Time America Adopt Similar Gay Protection Laws To The Uk..

PozSlime

When a North Carolina state Republican senator took the floor of the North Carolina Senate and proclaimed that he will fight "to keep North Carolina STRAIGHT"

which pretty much describes the anti-gay mood of Republicans.

Republicans represent the Christian right-wing in America. The ultra-gay-hating , keep America straight reich-wing, cut from the same cloth as Hitler.

Hitler identified gays at concentration camps by forcing them to wear a pink triangle on their prison uniforms. That same triangle became a symbol of the gay pride movement following the Stonewall Riots, decades later.

7 - the nazi coded number given to gays before they were executed for being gay at a concentration camp

Islam is just another right-wing man-made religion of hatred and oppression of women and gay people.

Islam is doing its all out best to rival Christianity in the realm of gay oppression and violence against gay people ALL OVER THE GLOBE.

In many Muslim countries it is common for them to throw gay people off the tops of tall buildings to kill them.

When will this shit end in America? When will this blatant bigotry against gay people end?

When we start locking up homophobes for very long sentences the way they lock their asses up in the UK and other CIVILIZED countries.

These random acts of terror will only get worse until we adopt proactive laws that prevent said acts by locking up the individuals that perpetuate homophobic bigotry.

These laws have had an important impact in the UK, where acts of violence against gays have seen a bigtime drop in the numbers of incidences.

Tough anti-bigotry laws work, if only America had the guts to enact them.

The shooter at the Florida gay bar was well-known as a homophobic bigot among his family and friends. Had they informed authorities, this tragedy could have been avoided. His own father admitted that he was concerned that his son would commit an act of violence. Had he spoke up..

In my opinion, his family that knew this about him should also be indicted for not notifying authorities.

Growing up, I was raised in the church since I was 2 weeks old (United Methodist.) At age 5, I signed a letter I wrote to my minister saying that I would be a missionary and minister when I grew up. At age 5, I also started having sex with local area kids, always the servant and submissive. I served as the youth group president, organist/pianist, bell choir and choir member. Went to a Christian college. Until the age of 23, I had never drank alcohol, smoked, or done any type of drug, including marijuana. However, I had every type of sex imaginable until the age of 18. At this point, I spent the next six years celibate, as I concentrated on my studies and piano practice. In all six years, I jacked off two times, more concerned about passing my courses, as when growing up, I was labeled retarded. In fact, being 455 lbs, a slow learner, and someone who was a case study for a leading neurologist in the studies of ADHD, I overcame what problems I encountered.

This is the same for religion. Though I attend church every Sunday as always, I attend for a different reason, as I do not believe in what HUMAN religion tells us. I believe in the following tenets of life: Care, Compassion, Kindness, and Love. In 22 years of teaching, I have used these principles in my life, in my classroom, and working with humankind. What I choose to do in regards to sex has nothing to do with my heart and how I treat others. Sometimes, people need to step back and understand, it is not what is written to how we should live but how we treat humankind.

Guest ff-whole

It seems we are still having to say "Rest in Peace" instead of "Live in Peace"...

The last one probably an utopia until the end of fucking mankind...

Waal, the Islamist shooter was a registered Democrat.  http://voters.findthedata.com/d/b/Omar-Mateen

If the location wasn't a gun free zone the death toll would've been much, much lower.

Those he shot were very likely Democrats.

How many gay bars do you know of that have guns on the premises?

What kind of insanity is that?

I know of NO gay bar that would ever want or allow guns in a bar where people are consuming alchohol.

In America, guns are everywhere. So are shootings. Do you not see this?

Guns enable crimes that I can't even fathom.

Guns are the enablers of some of humankinds worse atrocities including this.

And yet you still support guns?

• Upvote 1

Unrestricted ownership of assault weapons and generalised homophobia were the two causes of this tragedy. Both of these would be easy to solve if the majority of society decided to. But the NRA and the Churches don't want this to change.  Very sad!

• Upvote 1

Unrestricted ownership of assault weapons and generalised homophobia were the two causes of this tragedy. Both of these would be easy to solve if the majority of society decided to. But the NRA and the Churches don't want this to change.  Very sad!

Very well said. Sad but it's true.

When will this shit end in America? When will this blatant bigotry against gay people end?

When we start locking up homophobes for very long sentences the way they lock their asses up in the UK and other CIVILIZED countries.

These random acts of terror will only get worse until we adopt proactive laws that prevent said acts by locking up the individuals that perpetuate homophobic bigotry.

These laws have had an important impact in the UK, where acts of violence against gays have seen a bigtime drop in the numbers of incidences.

Tough anti-bigotry laws work, if only America had the guts to enact them.

That's a very dangerous line of thinking, and it's also the reason the 1st amendment was put into place, to protect against the government suppressing our right to speak out.

Controversial, edgy, even offensive or bigoted speech is the type that needs protection. Loving, inclusive, healthy, government-approved speech doesn't get suppressed. One could argue this site is dangerous and puts gay lives at risk, and thus should be shut down by the government. After all, it promotes the spread of disease and the use of dangerous drugs, doesn't it?

It's kind of funny to me that you're ranting about Nazis and fascist behavior, while advocating the same types of policies that dictators love: lock up anyone who says unapproved (as defined by the state) things, and disarm the public.

Under a different administration, in a different political climate, you could be accused of bigotry and hatred against right-leaning people as well as Christians. Do you think it would be just to lock you up for a long sentence? Fortunately, we're all still free (for now) to rant and get out our frustrations via speech.

In America, guns are everywhere. So are shootings. Do you not see this?

Guns enable crimes that I can't even fathom.

Guns are the enablers of some of humankinds worse atrocities including this.

And yet you still support guns?

Guns are everywhere? Not where and when they're needed, in soft targets where plenty of people are gathered. By the way, who stopped the shooter at Pulse? Men with guns.

• Upvote 2

No law is going to stop a determined terrorist. If someone is willing to die to achieve their objective, they are very difficult to stop. Just ask London, Paris, Tel Aviv, and countless other cities around the world. He could have decided to shoot up a church, synagogue, sporting event, rock concert, or school play and killed just as many people.

And to blame the NRA or churches (unless you mean mosques) is just being brain dead. Neither had anything to do with this Islamist terrorist. I get the feeling you hate anyone who dares to have a different opinion than you do.

Edited by BiAggieGuy
  • Upvote 1

That's a very dangerous line of thinking, and it's also the reason the 1st amendment was put into place, to protect against the government suppressing our right to speak out.

Controversial, edgy, even offensive or bigoted speech is the type that needs protection. Loving, inclusive, healthy, government-approved speech doesn't get suppressed. One could argue this site is dangerous and puts gay lives at risk, and thus should be shut down by the government. After all, it promotes the spread of disease and the use of dangerous drugs, doesn't it?

It's kind of funny to me that you're ranting about Nazis and fascist behavior, while advocating the same types of policies that dictators love: lock up anyone who says unapproved (as defined by the state) things, and disarm the public.

Under a different administration, in a different political climate, you could be accused of bigotry and hatred against right-leaning people as well as Christians. Do you think it would be just to lock you up for a long sentence? Fortunately, we're all still free (for now) to rant and get out our frustrations via speech.

Guns are everywhere? Not where and when they're needed, in soft targets where plenty of people are gathered. By the way, who stopped the shooter at Pulse? Men with guns.

Very well said.

• Upvote 3

Thinking about committing a crime and committing a crime are two very different things. You can be the biggest and baddest bigot on the planet and want to kill massive groups of people, key words "want to." Dream about it, fantasize about it, plan it, prepare for it. All of those things are legal, because until you do it, until you show up and point the first gun, it's just a thought.

You never want thoughts to be criminalized. Because where does one draw the line in thought crimes?

Actions, however, like shooting up a night club, are criminal. And that is where the police can, and do, get involved. Prior to that action, all that anyone can do is discuss a person's thoughts and try to keep tabs on that person. You can offer them help. You can try to get them to not do it. You can tell them what will happen if they do. But, that's pretty much it.

And while we can try to dissuade criminal action with tough on crime tactics, that generally only works for dispassionate and relatively minor crimes. It is doubtful that a single drug addict, a single child rapist, or a single bigot has ever been dissuaded from committing their crime because of the potential jail time. Ratchet those times up all you want, it just means that going out "in a blaze of glory" is the result. It typically only delays the action and intensifies it's release.

Which is also the issue with trying to make thoughts, and their expression, illegal. You won't decrease the thoughts, only alter their expression, increasing the likelihood that they will be expressed with greater intensity.

How do you make a fight worse? Tell someone to shut up, calm down, or both.

• Upvote 1

All it takes to stop an active shooter is a good guy with a gun. The only thing "gun free zones" do is create a shooting gallery where a criminal can do the most damage. This shooter selected his target knowing he would have little or no resistance.

We in the gay community also have to take some responsibility. Relying on the government or the police to protect us is foolish. When seconds count, the police are only minutes away. There should have been someone trained and armed (security, owner, etc.) in that club.

I own firearms and am licensed to conceal carry. I carry every day. The only one I trust to protect my life and the lives of my loved ones is me. Fuck the politicians and fuck the fundamentalist religion assholes.

• Upvote 2

It's funny, you know... We have very tight gun control in the UK and though I knew several guys who died at the hands of a murderer, none of them was killed with a gun. Yes, we've had mass shootings (one of them happened in the town I was brought up in) but they've happened with years, not days, between them. Just a thought...