Just Fucked - When To Get Tested?

Got fucked BB back in June. Had PEP til July. Docs want to test me in October (3 months post-PEP). Showing no symptoms, so my hopes are up that I'm still neg. But I know symptoms, or lack of, aren't definitive indicators either way. We'll see!

All being well, if I'm given neg results I'll celebrate by buying my first batch of PrEP!

Edited by dude8688
  • Upvote 2

Bare in mind it can take a while for medicines to arrive, so you might want to PrEPare in advance (sorry, couldn't resist) by buying it early.

The sexual health advisors were happy for me to go on to PrEP immediately after the initial post-PEP HIV test being negative, despite government recommendations for the 3 month test.

• Upvote 1

Interesting! I came back neg in July and August from sexual health screenings so maybe I should just start on the PrEP asap?

However they were concerned about my liver function baselines (these have been slightly raised in EVERY single blood test I've had, even the pre-PEP one, so not seen as indicator of infection).

Edited by dude8688

• 1 month later...