Taking Hvl While On Prep

Nomad84

Does anyone on PrEP have experience taking hvl loads? I've been on PrEP a few months and have just wrapped my head around taking undetectable loads. I can't find anything on the net about how effective PrEP is with HVL loads.

Does PrEP hold up?

Yes. One month after starting PrEP I took several loads from an individual whose profile here states they are POZ and not on meds.

Everything I have stated is anecdotal, but every controlled study on PrEP indicates that it holds up.

Does anyone on PrEP have experience taking hvl loads? I've been on PrEP a few months and have just wrapped my head around taking undetectable loads. I can't find anything on the net about how effective PrEP is with HVL loads.

Does PrEP hold up?

That is exactly what it is protecting you against.. it's 98% effective in ALL situations where a person is exposed to HIV. Including HVL...

There is a college boi here in town who is POZ, not on meds, and has a HVL. He's versatile and had bred me probably a dozen times and I'm still neg.

He plans to stay off meds as long as he can so he can knock up as many other bois as possible. For some reason, no one ever thinks a 19yo twink could possibly be poz.

• Upvote 5

• 4 weeks later...

There is a college boi here in town who is POZ, not on meds, and has a HVL. He's versatile and had bred me probably a dozen times and I'm still neg. He plans to stay off meds as long as he can so he can knock up as many other bois as possible. For some reason, no one ever thinks a 19yo twink could possibly be poz.

I find that attitude really hard to get my head around. Why would he want to 'knock up' as many other bois as possible?

Having reached sexual maturity at the height of the AIDS epidemic, I find it impossible to understand why anyone would want to pass it on, or would want to get infected. Especially now that we have PrEP. I guess it's an age thing. Having never experienced the fear and the loss of close friends, he just doesn't see anything wrong with it.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I find that attitude really hard to get my head around. Why would he want to 'knock up' as many other bois as possible?

Having reached sexual maturity at the height of the AIDS epidemic, I find it impossible to understand why anyone would want to pass it on, or would want to get infected. Especially now that we have PrEP. I guess it's an age thing. Having never experienced the fear and the loss of close friends, he just doesn't see anything wrong with it.

Think you answered your own question.  These guys weren't around so they can't reference or understand that history.  It's become an entirely different scene than we ever knew, or expected to encounter again in our lifetimes.  Their fantasies and actions (and ours to some extent) are the product of the new facts not the old ones.

Edited by bootmandc
  • Upvote 1

• Moderators

Ok if I keep testing neg then get on preP then start barebackinb again taking loads in my ass will I always be neg still or will my status change to undetectable ?

Your HIV status won't change. Taking PrEP keeps the virus from being able to establish a permanent foothold in your body.

Undetectable POZ guys have a chronic infection that is suppressed by the drugs they take.