Asking Ddf? Or Clean? Increases Hiv Infection Risk

seaguy

Well I do agree.

Almost all partners I had wanted to have BB sex with me based on the simple question "Are you neg?".

They often added stuff like "You look ok" like if HIV showed and physical sign.

For all I knew we could both be poz and either not know that or be stealthers.

While using condoms does not mean you are gonna be safe at 100% (I got stealthed by someone who just had to remove the condom and put it back on whitout admitting he cummed) it is more efficient than BB and asking "are you neg?".

Seriously, if you just wanna BB take PREP if avaible otherwise accept that there are high chances of getting pozzed instead of asking dumb questions.

Guest descartes70817

Asking HIV/STI status offers zero protection, so why waste your time asking. Either accept the risks or take personal precautions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I always ask people this. I know the obvious issue with asking the question but you can get somewhat of a read by how someone answers this.

For instance this convo with an online hookup,

Me: Are you clean? Whats your HIV status?

Person:I'm healthy and good to go

Me; Ok

Person: Let's me up in 10min at my spot

I would assume that this person is poz and and undetectable. Not only is the answer vague they didn't ask mt status. To me not asking is a good sign that someone is poz/other std or doesnt care.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

At this point, if I'm not poz yet, it doesn't matter as sooner or later I either will be or I'm one of those immune guys. So, what the hell does a load's status matter? I just take any load these days and don't worry about it. Well, since I'm into the thrill of bug chasing, I do want to know whether I just got a toxic load pumped into me, but in the end, it doesn't matter as my pumpper may think he;s still neg and is in fact rageingly toxic. The bottom line is that serosorting doesn't work so, why bother? If you don't want to get pozzed, don't take anal loads. If you take anal loads and try to go safe, sooner or later the condom will break accidently or on purpose of you're getting stealthed. Just fuck and have fun and take what happens.

• Upvote 2

Guest BBBoyfromTN

Guys lie, so why ask? I don't. You assume the risks and responsibilities if you bareback. If someone doesn't ask my status I'm not going to volunteer it.

• 2 weeks later...

And then there are guys like me who only want to hook up with guys who are HIV+.  In this case, serosorting works - I ask their status and if they say HIV-, then I gracefully decline.  Thankfully, the majority of guys who are chasing a poz load never say that they are HIV+ and i take their first 'status' as truth. 

• Upvote 2

On 2016-09-25 at 2:34 PM, bc8 said:

The terms DDF or Clean are pretty loaded (excuse the pun) but I do ask if a sub is happy to share his status with me, just so I understand where we both come from.

This reminded me about something I read in the FAQ in the safestsex.org site (http://safestsex.org/FAQnon-en.php) There's a discussion about the whole "lying" issue, which I found right on.

• How can self-reported information be trusted? Don’t people lie?

• Most people don't lie if the facts are clear.
  • Regarding the disclosure of STIs the assumption is that people will always lie. In part some people may lie because of the feelings of shame regarding STDs or to hide their sexual lifestyle. But we cannot forget that there are also people who don't lie and who genuinely want to enjoy sexual experiences knowing that the risk of STI is as low as possible.
  • This is a typical dialogue between two people negotiating sexual contact at a bathhouse: “Are you clean?”, “I tested a couple of months ago, how about you?” Isn’t it unreasonable to expect the truth from such ambiguous dialogue? To expect truth one should first demand clear facts.
  • The STD test results provided by SafestSex.org members may be self-reported, but the data is clear and complete, including a list of tests with exact dates. Additionally, members can add more information to their STD Profile such as name, address of clinic, copy of certificate of HIV test, and frequency of testing. All this combined will increase the credibility of each STD profile.
  • Collecting information with clear and unambiguous facts, the way SafestSex.org does, is the first step towards getting at the truth. SafestSex.org provides the online tool to facilitate the exchange of information that potential sexual partners need to make an informed decision about their level of STI/STD risks.
  • An STD Profile reflects a higher level of commitment with the truth than an oral exchange which will be incomplete and motivated by passion more than reason.

I like the concept they promote, test for ALL STI and share results. It's exactly what so many horny guys need when choosing a fuck-buddy. My safestsex.org membership works for me as a "serosorting" tool but for all STI. If someone cannot take 10 minutes of his life to register as a member and enter his last test results so I can see them on my screen when he allows me to, it means that that guy is not committed to avoiding STIs.

If someone tested for STDs two weeks ago but went to a sauna (or simply got fucked unprotected with just one person with such STDs)  10 days ago, the results of the test are totally useless. Within those ten days he could have got a plethora of new STDs and be highly contagious. So serosorting is just as useful as taking a daily placebo.

• Upvote 1

I agree with shyvers, even if you get tested and run out to an bathhouse or adult movie theater and fuck someone who had an sti that doesn't even know it that negative test result is as good toilet paper. We have to be honest especially if you bareback that your always taking a risk, and there's a good chance you might catch something, that's why I believe you should get tested so that way if you do catch something you can start treatment for it. This is coming from a person who is poz but on meds , i

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, shyvers said:

If someone tested for STDs two weeks ago but went to a sauna (or simply got fucked unprotected with just one person with such STDs)  10 days ago, the results of the test are totally useless. Within those ten days he could have got a plethora of new STDs and be highly contagious. So serosorting is just as useful as taking a daily placebo.

The guy you are describing is someone who is not committed to staying away from STIs. The people who benefit from a safestsex.org membership are people like me, someone who is committed to not catching anything. I don't want Syphilis, or Gonorrhea, and even less HIV. Their video in YouTube says it all https://www.youtube.com/embed/ayeaVIOhfes

If one night, for some reason I end up in a bathouse and expose myself to STI risk, as a responsible member I should wait for the window period before I test myself and then enter into the system the new test results.

Safestsex.org is not for everyone but at least their strategy is based on testing and providing more accurate information between fuck-buddies without having to talk about STIs.  

Ok now for a word from the PRO-Raw, PRO-POZ segment of our population.   Men were intended to fuck raw.  Queer identifying men need to know that sharing raw, poz cock is the most sensual and intimate fucking any species or combination of genders will ever enjoy.   So there are a few risks.   People smoking knowing the risk of cancer, people eat a bunch of Big Macs knowing the risk of obesity......but while they may be shamed for their activities, only queer raw sex seems to be singled out for being a horrible activity.   Perhaps if we were more open and honest about our practices, we could rest the conversation regarding sexual healthy and healthy sex.  Less worry about gender, less worry about taboo, less worry about the ideal partner----just more happy people sharing cocks and cum. 

Before I got knocked up last year, I was somewhat certain these thoughts were misguided and taboo.   I took the step to chase and soon found out there are others who feel the same way as I do.  I know that as I have become more open and focused on good fucking....not on the crap that others often associate with sex, I see that we have been manipulated for years to think that sex is bad and gay sex is worse and POZ sex is the very worst of the most evil.   Reality is quite different, open minded, joyous free and unlimited fucking is a key part to a healthy human existence.   For some of us, it is time to talk about that and to change the dialogue.   FUCK....and FUCK a lot.....it is all good.   And all the crap you worry about, you will soon see how little that really matters.   It really is about the cocks and the cum.

• Upvote 4