Fun On The Train, Fun In Albuquerque

It has been a few years since I had any time for fun in Albuquerque.

The yearly trip takes place around Labor Day...gotta have that chile...but for the past 5 or 6 years it has been fly in, pick up chile, fly out the same day.

This year, I am returning to the train trip for my chile.  

Traveling from San Diego, this allows me to enjoy relating with folks on the train both ways (I always get a sleeper on overnight train trips) and just over 24 hours in Albuquerque to share myself with as many folks as are willing.

I will be departing San Diego September 3, changing trains in Los Angeles to go to Albuquerque.  I will arrive Albuquerque September 4, around noon.  From the train station, I will be staying at a motel on Central Ave, not far from the University of New Mexico.  September 5, 4 PM, I will depart Albuquerque on the train back to San Diego.

Let me know if you want to join me on the train, or if you are interested in sharing while I am in Albuquerque.

Edited by DocThor
  • Upvote 3

UPDATE...

A buddy (Jerry) heard about my trip and is joining me for the LA to Albuquerque portion.  

We have a guy joining us at San Bernardino...he will be with us until Barstow.  Another will be joining us from Needles to Winslow and a third from Gallup to Albuquerque. 

The best things about playin' on a train...the bathroom is in the room...there is always hot water...and lots of clean towels!

Holler if you want to join me in Albuquerque after 4 PM September 4 until Noon September 5...or on the trip from Albuquerque back to LA.

• Upvote 3