Poppers And Eye Health?

My right eye has been acting up for a while, like a couple of years. It's hard to describe what's going on, checking every eye individually seems to be fine, but there's something that's not quite right. It's not as bad as me going to doctors, although I did mention it to my PCP who says I should just get off poppers.

New formulations of poppers, Isopropyl nitrate in particular, seem to be associated with eye problems, specially in Europe. I think USA still sees a lot of isobutyl nitrate poppers which are apparently safer.

My question for the peeps over here is, has anyone experienced eye problems using poppers, specially with poppers obtained in Europe?

• 3 years later...

That’s a red flag guys be extra careful!!! It happened to me three years ago, it’s called poppers maculopathy. Had to have scanners every few month to see if it was resolving by itself and luckily it did but took 2 years.! It can be for life for some people. Doctors are trying to find what brand of poppers are responsible but it is still being studied. Had a persistent blurry spot in my central vision, really hard to focus on a screen to read something or on specific lighting condition. Stop poppers straight away and go get it checked at an eye clinic and be truthful with them. It damages some deep layers of the eye.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm hearing that quite a lot from guys here in the UK so it definitely looks real. Poppers in the UK tend to be isopropyl-based, because previous isobutyl-based formulations were found to have a relatively weak link to cancer. However isopropyl has these eye-related complications (maculopathy) which as Frbtnbtm said, can cause permanent damage. And it's not rare, so watch out.

I buy mine online from Europe-based websites, usually go for amyl-based or isobutyl.

Guest MattDillan

I’ll see spots or blurring for about 2 day after use,  also I have shortness of breath for about 2-3 days.  Problem is I can’t quit using them!

Guest Footprints
12 minutes ago, MattDillan said:

I’ll see spots or blurring for about 2 day after use,  also I have shortness of breath for about 2-3 days.  Problem is I can’t quit using them!

Same here, can't have sex without poppers. I don't have spots for such long time, about 2 hours I guess. No shortness of breath though. Do you feel the symptoms progress over time? I started having spots about two years ago. I don't have such issue before that, and have used for 3-4 years.

Guest MattDillan

Yes I’ve been using poppers for about a year, symptoms progressed.  I love the euphoria though while using them.... turns me into an insatiable pig bottom.

I've stopped poppers in favor of THC gummies. I chew a whole gummy, wait about an hour and then for the next 4-5 hours I am slutty, carefree, relaxed and can't get enough cock.  Taking one about a half hour before walking in the bathhouse is just about perfect. ;)