Managing Sti Worries

Hi all, I'm new to the forums and wanted to ask people how they manage STDs if they're having bareback.

I will preface that I am in an open relationship, and we are both on PrEP. I've always loved the fantasy of being bred by a group of hot guys. It wasn't until recently where I started getting the courage to go to a club and be fucked bare by multiple guys in a night. I've done it twice so far. I had a hot breeding session at the local club but when I got home I downed an extra dose of azithromycin for Chlamydia just in case I got something.

My fear is that I will become that vector for transmitting whatever disease I would get from anonymous guys, and either give it to unknowing guys or my partner.

I've read so far that, STDs are the common of life for barebackers, and that I'll have to deal with it. I'm not sure if I'm ready for that, and I don't like putting others, especially my partner, at risk to get an STI.

How do you manage your fear of STI transmission, if any?

You can't.  No sex is without risk, especially if you're bare backing. The risk is a big part of why it's so appealing, as I'm sure you can agree.  All you can really do is look for signs of STD's, preferably before sex, and be on PrEP. Even then if you're getting gangbanged it can be tough.  Don't, however, take antibiotics if you don't know you need them.  That's part of the reason why we have drug resistant bacteria these days, including gonorrhea. 

You can't.  No sex is without risk especially if you're bare backing. The risk is a big part of why it's so appealing, as I'm sure you can agree.  All you can really do is look for signs of STD's, preferably before sex, and be on PrEP.  Even then if you're getting gangbanged it can be tough. Don't, however, take antibiotics if you don't know you need them.  That's part of the reason why we have drug resistant bacteria these days, including gonorrhea. 

This is very good advice from Robby1315.  If you randomly take antibiotics just thinking you may have contracted something, your immune system will become tolerant of them over time and then they will not perform as they should when you do get an infection that they are meant to fight off.  One thing to do, though is get the vaccinations for Hep C and it's variants. The gonorrhea, chlamydia as well as others are treatable, but if you down a dose of antibiotics every time you have open BB sex and just think you may have contracted something, chances are that they will become tolerant of the antibiotics, and much more difficult to treat.

This happened to a friend of mine so not too long ago, with the consequence that the med regiment it took to defeat the STD was complicated and much more lengthy process for him to endure.

Thanks for the replies. I know that taking antibiotics without a doctor approval first wasn't the greatest decision, but I was meeting up with my partner that weekend and didn't want to give him chlamydia/gonorrhea if I caught it at the club. I don't ever do this regularly, I just had an extra dosage of azithromycin for an earlier chlamydia infection.

Now I have some sort of anxiety and fear that I might've caught HIV from taking a random guy's load and multiple other cocks. I know this is HIGHLY UNLIKELY because I've been on PrEP for almost 2 years now. 

When it comes to health, I'm a pretty tensed up person (some say it makes for a really nice tight ass :P) and its hard for me to relax. Would you guys have any tips for relaxing your mind and getting rid of any anxiety/fear on STI/HIV scares?

Thanks for reading, I really appreciate it and it actually helps to write down my thoughts.

The risk is a big part of why it's so appealing, as I'm sure you can agree.

For me the risk of STDs has NOTHING to do with why I enjoy barebacking. On the contrary, the risk keeps me away from trying even more sexual experiences.

Now that I joined safestsex.org I'll see what it does about the fear. I managed to meet up so far with 2 guys who were also members so I could read all the details of their "screening results". I had syphilis decades ago so in my case the test results for Syphilis are always positive. My record says "Screened for syphilis" which means the clinic determined I was not contagious but my sexual partners don't need know about my past sexual history.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

If you are going to fuck raw, you have to understand and accept the whole deal.   We don't get to select the parts we like or those we want to avoid.  Yeah, the PReP guys have found a mostly magic bullet for keeping HIV transmission risks down, but those other fuckers are out there too.   Not sure if it is my mutating immune system or just the fact most of my fuck partners are POZ now, but since converting I seem to be attracting the other bugs.  A life time of raw bottoming did not result in the first STD---until after I had gotten knocked up with HIV.  

Safe or dealing with it are really the only two choices.  

As SuccessfulChaser said, STIs come with raw fucking. There is no way to avoid them. You can fuck 1 guy and catch something or you can take 20 loads and get nothing. There is no rhyme or reason to it.

There are things you can do to minimize your risk. For one, don't get on an assembly line with other bottoms (e.g. sex parties) where tops are going from hole to hole. That is just asking for trouble - especially if the top is not wiping his dick off. Make sure you are well lubed and take it slow with the hung tops. A roughed up, wrecked bloody hole is a sponge for the nasties. 

If you do find out you got something, tell your bf and go get treated at the same time. Otherwise, you are just passing infections back and forth to each other. 

Thanks for starting the thread. Too many guys are focused on getting laid, but bareback sex requires having a health strategy. PrEP is just protecting you from one of the big 5 (i.e. HIV). You are still at risk for syphilis, gonorrhoea, chlamydia and Hepatitis C. Most people don't get checked for Hep C as part of their routine panels. But chances are if you engage in any type of group sex or rough sex, you are at high risk. That one can't be cleared up with a shot. It's 12 weeks of antivirals that cost tens of thousands of dollars (but prices are coming down.)

Good luck man.

• Upvote 3