How Did So Many Tops Become Poz?

• 3 months later...

Don't forget that sharing needles is also a way to contract HIV. Based on the comments on this site the prevalence of drug use on this site is certainly higher than in the general population. It is also possible that people of a certain age could have contracted the virus from a bad blood transfusion.

For the record one study I read said bottoms are 16x more likely to contract HIV than tops.

Another fun fact is that in the year Magic Johnson tested positive the odds of a heterosexual non IV drug user becoming positive was 1 in 10,000.

My experience working in a clinic has told me many many men lie about having contracted the virus from gay sex in general.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm certain that I have shared my story here before as a 100% TOP here (not had a cock even try to get in my ass since college and I'm 65 now) and the classic combo of the usual causes; starting with a very infected (but not diagnosed to my knowledge) incredible bottom hole I hooked up with int the late 1980's in metro NYC area. We our sex-adventure would start on Friday nite when he arrived & we would fuck non-stop raw while drinking cases of beer, smoking bags of pot, inhaling lines of coke and bottles of poppers every other weekend for like 6 months.  We would start fucking on Friday nite when my boy got in town on the train. When my boy left on Sunday afternoon - BOTH his ass and my fat 7 inch cock would be raw, scraped, bloody and scarred from literally hours of pounding. It would take the 2 weeks between meetings for the scabs to heal up.

He stopped showing up one day and I heard nothing from him. A few months later I found out through mutual friends that he was dying of full-blown AIDS, as were several of our mutual fuck-buddies. We started fucking in April and he stopped cuming to my apt by early August. I found out he was dying in November and I experienced what I am certain was the fuck flu in February the next year.  At that time, there were no meds, no pills and being diagnosed was like a death sentence, so I did not go in for the test.  But I knew what I was carrying in my balls and blood. 

So it is completely possible for a TOTAL TOP to become infected, I'm living proof~!

• Upvote 2

I am not an exclusive top nor a long time top.  Rather, I started fucking negative holes once I got knocked up.  The desire to share the seed moved me in that direction.   Not sure that I am all alone in that progression....but I was POZZED in the standard way(s) taking lots of raw, poz cock and sharing rigs.  My guess is that for tops who have gotten POZZED in the last 5 years that sharing points was a part of the process.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There's three (now two) that I know of in Atlanta who got pozzed from fucking me bareback between 1985 and 1990. I was most certainly pozzed by the first man that I ever had sex with in the Spring of 1985 where I was too drunk and stoned to recognize that my tall, lanky cowboy was really an AIDS infected, wasting sexual predator. I was horrified and terrified at first when I realized in the light of day what he really looked like, but with more pot and some strange white powder and a little brown bottle under my nose, I wanted more of his cock and cum.

I got really sick about a week later. I was worried I was infected. I couldn't go to my family doctor or to the university medical clinic because my parents might find out. Two months later (with no other sex in the interim) I got tested for HIV as a requirement to be a test subject for a medical study at the CDC in Atlanta (I never had to give them any personal info or my name). They informed me I couldn't participate in the study because I had tested positive. I couldn't keep myself from grinning and getting a boner. THAT freaked out the doctor, and I just stood up and walked out without saying another word.

I didn't really understand at that time anything about viral loads, CD4 counts or any of that shit. All I knew was that from that point on I was going to have to have only anonymous sex and one-night-stands in order to keep anyone from finding out that I was Positive. 

I started cruising in my car and getting fucked wherever we could find a private secluded spot. I had a regular straight, married guy who loved bareback fucking and jizzing my ass. He would cruise on his way home from softtball practice in his uniform. He swore that he had never and would never fuck "any of those queers" without a condom, but we should be OK since neither of us were a faggot. I don't know why he presumed I was straight. I liked his cock too much to risk correcting him.  But a few years after the Summer of 1986, I saw him at a softball game that some friends from college were playing in. Actually, I didn't recognize or remember him until he had followed me to the toilet room, pinned me against a toilet stall and accused me of giving him "that gay plague" and that it couldn't have been anybody else. There had been at least a hundred other guys who had raw-fucked me in the three years since I had gotten my cherry shredded, so I had no idea who he was until I turned around to punch him. When I saw him in that same uniform it all came back to me, and I started getting a hardon. Somebody walked in, and I hightailed it out of there. Never saw him again.

The other two were "straight" and married guys I hooked up with at a wooded park in a suburb Northwest of Atlanta. I was there for hours and hours every weekend and after work during the week. Had a Greek-looking guy who liked barebacking and breeding my "pussy" whenever we were both there for about six months. I didn't see him again for almost a year. The next time that I ran into him he told me that he had gotten divorced from his wife because he had caught "that gay cancer". He hinted that he knew he had gotten it from me but that he shouldn't have been doing what he was doing...then he pulled out his uncut cock and asked me if I wanted some more of it.  I never verbally admitted that I was positive, but by bending over and letting him stick his raw HIV cock n my ass until he shot his load, I guess I sort of confessed. We fucked occasionally at that park for about another year until I found a better park to cruise.

The third top that I pozzed recently passed away from a heart attack. We hooked up on BBRT two years ago. The first time he came over, we both had some G, we both smoked some meth and I did a slam. After he starts barebacking my ass like a fucking animal, he starts telling me how this is not the first time that he has fucked my holes. He tells me the last time we fucked...the only other time we had fucked...was in a park in a suburb northwest of Atlanta. He tells me he was in the midst of a jack-off session with five or six other men in a small picnic pavilion when a guy walked up wearing skimpy nylon jogging shorts and no shirt. He tells me that the new guy proceeded to suck off or get fucked and bred by all of the other men on that picnic table until he was the only one left with it starting to get dark. He tells me that I convinced him to "just put the tip in" so I could feel his uncut cock in my ass. He tells me that when he got "just the tip" in it felt too good to not go balls deep and then long-dick me until he shot his neg load. He tells me (back now to our current breeding session and my already crummy hole) that was the only time he had ever fucked anyone other than his wife without a rubber. He tells me he got the fuck flu a week later, got tested, got divorced and then got to fuck and breed as many hot young men's holes as he could. We became good friends with good benefits until he passed a few months ago.

So, there's three tops that got pozzed by a single HVL manhole.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I may be in a minority here, but I almost never topped until being infected.  Now, there are a fair amount of guys who only know me as a top, and there are 4 guys carrying my strain.   I have no doubt that some of us move more towards being tops once we are POZ......in short, knocked up as a bottom and morph into a top breeder.

21 hours ago, muscmtl said:

they all btm, and those who say they didn't won't manup and admit it

I know of a guy who is a total top but who secretly takes anon loads when he's away. Yes, he's now poz.

12 hours ago, rede4it said:

I may be in a minority here, but I almost never topped until being infected.  Now, there are a fair amount of guys who only know me as a top, and there are 4 guys carrying my strain.   I have no doubt that some of us move more towards being tops once we are POZ......in short, knocked up as a bottom and morph into a top breeder.

But I think that many "poz tops" are much like rede4it, total bottoms until they poz and then become total tops or at least versatile. I know that if I were infected topping and breeding holes would be a turn-on.

On 8/29/2017 at 9:18 PM, HardaddyMA said:

So it is completely possible for a TOTAL TOP to become infected, I'm living proof~!

You are living proof, as are many millions of other total tops all over the world; whether gay/bi men who got it by topping an ass ...or straight men who got it by topping a pussy.

The truth is, that contrary to popular opinion on this website, penetrative sex (anal and vaginal) is high risk. It is high risk whether you be the insertive partner or the receptive partner. 

Being the receptive partner, particularly in anal sex, does indeed carry the greatest risk of HIV transmission, sexually speaking (injecting shared needles blood and having blood transfusions are much more risky than even receptive anal sex). 

That said, being the insertive partner in anal sex, also carries risk. And that risk is HIGH. It is not LOW. It is not negligible. It is not up for debate. Anal sex, whether top or bottom, is high risk for HIV transmission and those of us who engage in anal sex as tops only, should be just as worried every time we do bareback as bottoms should be.

As total tops, our risk is high. We need to accept that and test regularly (though I must admit, I haven't been tested for a long time now.....and I did do BB on a regular basis....yes, that's crazy and irresponsible towards myself and to others ) - I have done BB so many times that I have very little doubt that I am poz. It would be a miracle if I was to test neg.

Unprotected Anal sex is high risk for both people involved...and that's the harsh reality of the matter.

Sorry to disappoint, but I am only telling MY story, and I can make no ASSUMPTIONS about what others post on this thread- at the time I reference in my above post- I was never engaged in anal sex as a bottom- I don't judge others here- and I think we all would appreciate it if others were as respectful.

With all due respect, it is not about judging anyone. And to be honest and frank, I'm not sure where you get the impression that that is what I was doing....I mean, judging anyone for what, exactly?

It's not a matter of personal experience or opinion....it is a FACT that anal sex with an HIV positive partner, carries a high risk of transmission. Whether the negative partner is the receptive participant or the insertive participant of the anal sex, does not matter so much. A negative bottom would be at a bit more risk than a negative top would be, but the truth remains that as either top or bottom participant in anal sex, a negative person would have put himself at high risk. That is only, of course, if the Poz person was unmedicated (and therefore had a high viral load). 

All the educational literature on HIV states that ANAL SEX is high risk for HIV transmission. The overwhelming majority of said literature makes no differentiation between whether you're a top or bottom. It just says anal sex generally.

Those who top unprotected ARE at risk...at HIGH risk. Unprotected anal sex is not...I repeat NOT just something for bottoms to be worried about.

And that is the fact of the matter , whether you like that or not, or whether you take offence to that or not.

Edited by concerned1

11 minutes ago, descartes70817 said:

If you fuck enough poz bottoms any top will get pozzed up eventually.

Glad you've got a grip on reality. The seemingly, somewhat prevalent notion on this website that neg tops are somehow able to fuck raw as and when they like without having to get too stressed out about it, is just absolute insanity and fantasy. 

Edited by concerned1
  • Like 1

Guest descartes70817
3 minutes ago, concerned1 said:

Glad you've got a grip on reality. The seemingly, somewhat prevalent notion on this website that neg tops are somehow able to fuck raw as and when they like without having to get too stressed out about it, is just absolute insanity and fantasy. 

I accepted that eventually I would get pozzed even though I only top. The statistics suggest that the risk is lower for a top but it isn't zero. I lost count of how many holes I've bred years ago so I accepted that I was odds on to be poz by now - and I am.

Most of us here know the stats on bottom vs top vulnerability when it comes to HIV (i.e., it's less risk to top). But it doesn't just take an open would externally for a top to get pozzed. I was still married when i first started hooking with guys and it seemed like I could get chlamydia by just looking at a guy lol. Seriously, it seemed every time i got a bj, i got it, so i stopped getting bj's and got fucked (such is the logic of a horny married and cheating gay guy). Now that I am single, i can relax and have sex any way i want to, but understand about my anatomy that i seem to get bugs urethrally (through my pee hole) pretty easily (it seems). I carry alcohol wipes with me now and always wipe there after getting sucked (which is still pretty rare).

Getting infected via the urethra is one of the ways guys get pozzed. My guess would be some guys are more vulnerable than others in that area. Some have bigger openings, especially if one sounds. Any opening is where pathogens get in.