How Did So Many Tops Become Poz?

Am kinda new to barebacking and am seeing on BBRT (in Toronto) that at least 50% of the tops are Poz/Undetectable or "Ask me".

I do understand that there is less risk for a top to get the HIV virus, so my question would be, how is it that there are so many Poz tops? Were they bottoms at one time and now exclusively tops?

Guest descartes70817

Didn't you know that poz/undetectable is the new safe? I'm just open about the fact that my last test was negative but I've fucked a lot of bottoms since, and I really don't care about their status, but it is kind of hot to fuck poz/undetectable bottoms too. I just need to feel my cock hard and deep inside a man hole when I cum and sometimes the first hole to show up is the hot fuck of the week.

There could be many reasons the tops are poz, from possibly them fucking a poz bottom and having even slight scratching or open wound damage to their cocks while having rough sex with the poz bottom or as maybe you also thought, they also have been bottoms or flip fucks as it's refered to, used to like to bottom as well as top, but now they much more prefer to top and breed than to bottom. If you read enough stories and do enough chatting you will get all kinds of opinions and varying information on the subject from different guys and how it effected and changed them and their thinking and desires.

I've been told by many that they had been pretty much total tops until some time shortly after and during conversion, then they came down with the unshakeable desire to top and breed and then became total tops.

Who knows for sure, things and effects seem to vary with each individual, maybe this is a mind-set thing or maybe not for many, but one thing is for sure, all of us BB bottoms will eventually find out for ourselves as individuals, how the breeding and rewriting of our DNA will effect each of us after pozzing.

I've wondered this same question myself MANY times.  Obviously not judging here, but just curious.  I went from total safe bottom to total (almost) bb top about 10 years ago, and rarely ever asked a status once I switched. Been working toward 50/50 vers lately. Best friend has been a total top his whole life - fucks multiple times per week - and says he's only used a condom about 10 times in his life....through the 80s, 90s till now, and still neg.  Different people's bodies are different of curse, but I'm curious as well.

The older I get, the more guys I've met who can't really get fucked due to "butt issues".  vers guys become tops and total bottoms just become cocksuckers if they can't get fucked I guess.  I hope some poz tops answer your post 

On a side note, I don't necessarily consider "ask me" to mean poz anymore , like I used to.  After being on this site for a while now, I definitely get the thrill of the "risk" factor of barebacking.  With so many undetectable and PrEP guys now, that risk is pretty much gone (if their profiles are honest).  I've been seeing more and more guys - especially younger - putting "ask me" in every single answer.  They might put their age, a bunch of pics and "ask me" for everything else.  Kind of like the old days - meet in a bar, go home, and see what happens lol  I used to steer clear of those profiles.....now I really like them.  If they're hot, I don't ask any questions, clean out, and go over - ready for anything :)

• Upvote 4

There could be many reasons the tops are poz, ...

I've been told by many that they had been pretty much total tops until some time shortly after and during conversion, then they came down with the unshakeable desire to top and breed and then became total tops.

A guy who's 100% top does not necessarily mean that he never gets fucked because he may present himself as a top in sexual situations because that's how he feels better. An 100% top may allow himself to bottom for his boyfriend or close lovers, but never by a stranger.

Some men feel comfortable having sex with guys but only as a top. Some men don't feel comfortable not taking the "male role". Some 100% tops are not really tops and they secretly bottom and that's how they poz.

Some 100% bottoms think that if they ever top they are no longer 100% bottoms when in fact all they wanted was to get off inside a sloppy hole. Very similar of what goes on with tops.

The older I get, the more guys I've met who can't really get fucked due to "butt issues".  vers guys become tops and total bottoms just become cocksuckers if they can't get fucked I guess.  I hope some poz tops answer your post 

I was recently chatting with a guy who was forced to being a top because he had developed a fistula. He said "I went from a total cum-whore to a power top".

Before I was diagnosed, I used to be mostly bottom - problems with rubbers killing erections and the loss of sensation meant topping wasn't viable (I used condoms religiously, except a couple of times). After being diagnosed, I started exploring topping, as I no longer had the fear of HIV, so condoms were no longer required. I discovered the joys of topping and haven't looked back since. Describe myself as a top, though I would put out in a relationship. So to answer your question, if a guy says he's a top, doesn't mean he's always been a top.

• Upvote 3

Guest cardoc49

Before I was diagnosed, I used to be mostly bottom - problems with rubbers killing erections and the loss of sensation meant topping wasn't viable (I used condoms religiously, except a couple of times). After being diagnosed, I started exploring topping, as I no longer had the fear of HIV, so condoms were no longer required. I discovered the joys of topping and haven't looked back since. Describe myself as a top, though I would put out in a relationship. So to answer your question, if a guy says he's a top, doesn't mean he's always been a top.

My story is a complete copy of Phil's: I was an eager bottom when I came out and I didn't allow tops to use condoms on me:-)

Today Im top only and I LOVE being poz:-)

• 2 weeks later...

I was a total top and fucked a lot. Five years ago I started to bareback (the best). Last year I started to become a bug chaser. I loved being a total top but bottoming and being a chaser was so hot. I converted earlier this year. Now I'm poz and a gift giver too.

• Upvote 3

• 6 months later...
Guest BBBoyfromTN

You're more at risk of exposure as a top if you're uncut. Have a bud who's str8, swears he never bottomed but got pozzed and that's what they pointed to. As fo me, I was a bottom and still like to get fucked but really get off on fucking guys and oozing them.

• 4 weeks later...

I was total bottom before, and am now 90% top ... and keep on losing the urge to bottom. 

It's fucking hot knowing that I could be "the one" ... in fact, topping itself does nothing for me; never has from a physical standpoint. It's all mental for me ... if I'm not turned on enough at just the thought of knocking him up, I'm not going to feel any physical pleasure from fucking a guy. 

Edited by wow4761

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't get fucked regularly, getting fucked isn't quite as pleasurable. So maybe someone was in a high sex drive period, was fucking and getting fucked all the time until they tested positive, and then felt guilt or fear so they stopped having sex for a while. Then, every once in a while they get really horny and want to fuck, but they find bottoming kind of painful, and topping kind of hot and forbidden, so topping a young guy has a zing to it. Plus, as evidenced by polls on this site, older bottoms don't get as much action as older tops, so it's easier to fill that role later in life, when you're more likely to be positive.

Another option might be drugs or alcohol. Drink a lot or do other substances and you can't get hard enough to fuck, but will take dick happily as you forget the stigma and the pain. Then, you get clean later in life, and your sex preferences change, but the bug remains.