If You Are Negative And On Prep, Would You Consider A Long Term Relationship/marraige With Someone Poz

daddyboyleo

• 4 months later...

To be honest, the question "Would You Consider A Long Term Relationship/marraige With Someone Poz" sounds a bit more 1998 than 2018 to me.

Because in the meantime there were two important events. Around 2000 HAART was proven to be working, which meant that when you started a relationship a poz guy, you knew you he wouldn't die soon. Poz guys on meds were still considered infectious, so you would still be using condoms out of fear, but hey, the heart wants what the heart wants, even if there's a small price to pay. But even that changed around 2008 when studies showed that guys on meds do not pass on the virus. So in most cases the whole thing hasn't been a question since 2010.

PrEP makes a difference when fucking around, sure. Most guys feel they have less to worry about. But honestly, managing a serodiscordant relationship was doable long before. All it takes is openly adressing the issue, which in most cases means for the poz guy to make sure he takes his meds regularly.... which the vast majority of guys does anyway.

So yeah, sure I would consider a LTR with a poz guy, because once you're mature enough, you realize it's just one of those things that in the grand scheme of life don't matter a flying fuck, like the colour of your skin or wearing the right brand of clothes.

I would consider dating a guy who was poz, had diabetes or his foot amputated. Or rather I wouldn't waste my time thinking about it all the time. If I'm interested, I'm interested, minutia be damned.

Now would I consider dating someone below average intelligence? Or a dullard? Probably not. So not a saint here.

• Upvote 3

P.S.: But then again, this is just me. I haven't used a condom for 15 years and never worried. Sure I use PrEP, because it is available, but it was never something my decision to fuck around bareback depended upon. Before PrEP barebacking kinda was for rebels only, so very few fuckers came to the table with prejudices. With PrEP there is a whole number of "mainstream" gay guys doing away with the condom, so I sorta understand why questions that should have long been laid to rest are popping up again.

• 3 months later...

Texas neg bottom guy here would not mind dating a pozzed top older man as long as he’s ok with me being neg for now and he wants to be part of changing my status but I would be open to a relationship with a great top pozzed man 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I dont discriminate at all, however definitely would want him to be undetectable or at least taking meds to get to undetectable. 

I would not want to be with a guy who is deliberately not taking meds, because I think that is very self destructive behavior, same reason why I would never want to be in LTR with someone who abuses hardcore drugs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Why not? If I am on PrEP and if my partner's HIV is being well-managed, there shouldn't be any risk of infection at my end, and should be only a minimal possibility of additional serious health complications for my partner.

I was in a serodiscordant relationship for a few months, and our respective statuses weren't really a concern, as he was undetectable and I was on PrEP.

While I doubt I'll ever be in a long-term relationship again -- I've been burned too often, and lost everything twice -- I'd have no issues with casually dating someone who was HIV-positive and undetectable.

• 8 months later...

Neg Bottom here. Not on PrEP and never will take it. Of Course I would start a LTR with a poz guy. It doesn´t matter, if he is undetectable or toxic. The only Thing which counts is the guy, who I get to know. 

And if it happens to me to become infected, I will deal with it very well after all the years of bareback fucking. I always knew About the risks. But what will be, will be.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I am in a relationship with a 65 yr old top alpha daddy .  I'm 34.  When I was 18 he took my virginity and taught me how to be a good sun bottom for him.    He's always barebacked me and always breeded me.   He was always negative untill dec 2018.  He's on meds now but I'm more in love with him now than ever.   I'd definitely let him poz me if he wanted to .   I'm neg and not on prep.   It's just a matter of time.    I am too loyal to him.   My love for him is too strong.  We are going to work towards our plz relationship.   

• Like 1

Guest takingdeepanal

I was in something that was close to a relationship with an undetectable top a couple of years ago - and I'm negative. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/16/2016 at 2:27 PM, daddyboyleo said:

I've been married for 18 years, my husband and I are both Poz.

Back in the day when I was diagnosed most Negative guys I met wouldn't consider having a long term relationship with a Poz guy.

After many years of conversations with other Poz guys i found that my experience wasn't unique.

I wonder if PrEP has changed that?

Nothing has changed since you met your husband. You decided to stay next to him not because he is or not HIV. You chose your man because you love him  for his personal / moral values not for his HIV status. People who discriminate based on HIV status / gender/  religious beliefs.. etc are assholes. Just my two cents