If You Are Negative And On Prep, Would You Consider A Long Term Relationship/marraige With Someone Poz

daddyboyleo

I've been married for 18 years, my husband and I are both Poz.

Back in the day when I was diagnosed most Negative guys I met wouldn't consider having a long term relationship with a Poz guy.

After many years of conversations with other Poz guys i found that my experience wasn't unique.

I wonder if PrEP has changed that?

Guest sodamncurious

I'm in a beautiful long term relationship with the love of my life who is poz. I'm neg on PrEP. Even if PrEP weren't available I'd be with him. I had to come off it for 4 months but didn't even consider not being with him. Hope that helps.

Before PrEP I'd have hesitation about it.. but with it I'd have no problem about HIV status for a relationship. It has definitely expanding my dating pool. So many hot and wonderful poz guys out there..

Edited by rawfuckr
  • Upvote 1

HIV status wouldn't be an issue for me, you'd just take precautions, but now with Prep, that's not even an issue. I never ask now, I just take any cock that wants my hole.  All I want is to feel a raw cock in me and hopefully get the seed from it's balls shot into my hole.

Absolutely, and it's one of the primary reasons I wanted to get on it.  I tried dating a couple poz guys before PrEP, but I pretty much picked total bottoms since I knew I'd be a little skittish about bottoming even though my brain told me undetectable was fine.  I enjoy being vers and def would want to be very vers in a relationship.  Since PrEP I don't really ask. although the info is usually offered.  

I'm engaged to a wonderful poz undetectable man. We dated a few times when he told me his status.  I thought about it for a minute or two, read up on HIV and we've been together more than a year.  I'm not on prep and won't go on it. He's mostly a top (he's teaching me to top) and shoots me full of his cum several times a week. I've never had a better love or sex life, HIV is something he has, not who he is.  I'm glad I was willing and able to accept him and learn all I could.  We'll be married early next year.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

• 10 months later...

PrEP made it easier for me to fall in love with my partner. Now I just want to have his baby. Half a bottle away from stopping my PrEP.  He'll be crushed when he finds out I am Poz from his seed, but we will be stronger individually and as a couple in the long run.

9 minutes ago, LittlePrEP said:

PrEP made it easier for me to fall in love with my partner. Now I just want to have his baby. Half a bottle away from stopping my PrEP.  He'll be crushed when he finds out I am Poz from his seed, but we will be stronger individually and as a couple in the long run.

Well done! Wish there were a lot more of this opinion!

I'd be a hypocrite if I'd say no especially since being poz myself, and to be honest it a shame that this is still an issue due to the strides made in medicine. The only way I would say no is if the person just doesn't want to care for themselves and gave up

i don't mean to offend anyone at all, but for me, i'm not really sure :( it's just because of my diabetes, im more susceptible to viruses such as HIV. i'm negative right now though, and i'm also on PrEp and i'm a top, but however, im still very wary about who i have sex with, and i never fucked a guy in the ass without a condom in a long time. 

Not sure if i would honestly :/  

It's not offensive to look out for one's health it becomes offensive when one is acting like a jerk while looking out for their health, so don't feel bad about your concerns. You never know you may change your stance later on