Downside Of Prep/bb

One of my good buddies (not a fuck buddy) started on PREP recently.  He really struggled with the decision to take the meds and start barebacking.  He called me this week and said he got gonorrhea after just his second raw fuck after starting PREP.  He topped a guy 1 on 1 from his town that he thought would be more of a health conscious-type as opposed to fucking an anonymous, multi-loaded pig at a bathhouse.

He asked my advice if he should go back to using condoms to avoid STI's, spending money for meds and doctor visits. He was pretty embarrassed to tell me but I told him it comes with the territory.   I felt sorry he had such a bad experience with only 2 raw fucks under his belt.

What are your thoughts?

it's like roulette... Some can go years Barebacking, being Cum dumps etc, and remain HIV -, or never get an STI.  Others will or can get a trifecta the first time.

Its an individual decision. Your friend needs to evaluate his motives and pleasure in barebacking vs the risks involved.

It is all about understanding your own risk vs. reward value system.  That system is largely anchored on one side by those of us who accept any risk as part of only having raw sex and on the other, by those who never are exposed to anything during sex.  Certainly PReP, as it relates to HIV offers another jumping off point for many guys.   But HIV Is not all that is out there, so until your friend can clearly state his own risk reward concept, he might want to consider going full safe.

No doubt, those of us who enjoy raw sex talk a great deal about how hot it is and how great it can be not thinking about risk.  And many of us, me included have some health issues as a result.   As attractive as the sex is, if you play enough, you will likely get burnt by something.  Your friend got to the clap quickly.  

I will never have an issue with a guy who makes an informed decision to go raw.   But I do have some concerns for guys who jump in and do not fully understand the risks.   Read, learn and be informed, once he does that, he can make a better decision.  Perhaps his newly pus filled cock will remind him he has more thinking to do.

• Upvote 4

Guest Upstateguy518

It comes with the territory. Prep helps against HIV and nothing else. If you are gonna bare back, You might as well assume that every guy you fuck with has one STD or another. As others said, It's the luck of the draw. Some get nothing and others get every thing. I think your friend is gonna be far more selective with who he plays with from now on. It's one of the flaws of bare back fucking sadly.

A regular STI check-up every three months, whether you're showing symptoms or not (about half the time men have no symptoms of an STI that they notice). More frequently if you're popular. And get vaccinated against Hepatitis A and B and HPV.

As fillmyholeftl says, it's chance... I've only had three STIs in my life: hepatitis B, herpes and HIV.