Maybe Running Out Of Prep, Getting Nervous

I've been on PreP for the past few months and I've really been loving being able to bareback as much as I want. But the copay card I've been using was rejected yesterday with the pharmacy saying it could only be used twice in a year, but they gave me a number to call. Still haven't called it yet, I'm nervous...

It's not something I can afford on my own and I'm scared I'll have to stop taking it... I've really been loving the raw sex I've been having, especially with poz guys. If I have to stop taking prep I don't know what to do... I don't feel emotionally ready to take potential poz loads completely unprotected but I don't ever want to use a condom again...

I've never started a topic here before so I'm nervous about that too... Argh...

Anyway, thoughts? advice? pound cake recipes?

Guest GoodExercise

You don't need (and probably do not truly want) PrEP.  Your sex life should not be dictated by a pill and a pharmaceutical company -- it should be dictated by your need for seed.  If you want to take a pill, take a Vitamin D every night before bed.  It is the sunshine vitamin -- be happy and be free.

Just make the phone call. At least that way you will have the information you need and can make future decisions. You are right to postpone taking poz loads sans PrEP until you are emotionally ready but making the telephone call will certainly help your emotional state. Happy Barebacking!

• Downvote 1

I've been on PreP for the past few months and I've really been loving being able to bareback as much as I want. But the copay card I've been using was rejected yesterday with the pharmacy saying it could only be used twice in a year, but they gave me a number to call. Still haven't called it yet, I'm nervous...

It's not something I can afford on my own and I'm scared I'll have to stop taking it... I've really been loving the raw sex I've been having, especially with poz guys. If I have to stop taking prep I don't know what to do... I don't feel emotionally ready to take potential poz loads completely unprotected but I don't ever want to use a condom again...

I've never started a topic here before so I'm nervous about that too... Argh...

Anyway, thoughts? advice? pound cake recipes?

Is that the Gilead CoPay card you're using?  As far as I am aware, there is no monthly limit to it. Call Gilead.

• Upvote 1

As Fillmyholeftl says, call Gilead.  They pay a large portion of the co-pay amount.  When I was first starting, it was kind of confusing understanding, as I had to use the refund process, but Gilead was extremely helpful.  Now luckily, the mail in pharmacy I use (accredo) uses the co-pay refund directly.

Yeah it's the gilead card. I'll call them tomorrow during business hours.

As for why I want to be on prep, why I don't want aids, yada yada yada...

eh, it's hot don't get me wrong. That's a step I think I may very well take eventually. But when I choose to try getting pozzed I want to pursue it with confidence, not be riddled with fears and doubts. I have to conquer those parts of myself first before I truly embrace it.

But it's definitely what I jerk off to every night I'm not taking seed.

• Upvote 2

ok 1 the guys say just get aids OMG 

2 if your on prep and have bb sex but don't have a poz load in you you can come off prep at anytime 3 if you do have a poz load in you and you think the hiv virus maybe in your body but prep doing it's job at getting rid of it well you have to take the pills for 20 to 30 days before coming off it 

• Upvote 1