Npr: 7 Insurers Alleged To Have Discriminated Against Hiv Patients

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/10/18/498427561/7-insurers-alleged-to-have-discrimated-against-hiv-patients?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=2044

If not for co-pay assistance through the manufacturer of Complera, my monthly prescription co-insurance would be close to $500 a month out of pocket.

With open enrollment coming up in November, and several insurers declining to offer plans on the exchange in Texas, I have a feeling those who are offering plans (including, as mentioned in the article, Community Health Choice - which by the way is affiliated with HarrisHealth, Houston's county hospital district) will jack the co-insurance up to 40% or more.

Unlike most, I don't blame the ACA for this problem. The blame in my mind is squarely on the insurers who expect to continue making money hand over fist.