Discuss Site Upgrade Here

rawTOP

On 10/27/2016 at 9:17 AM, rawTOP said:

For those of you saying you prefer the solid background, have you tried the other theme (Villain)? Go to the bottom of the page, and there's a drop down on the word "Theme". From that choose "Villain". The background image doesn't interfere with the content with that theme – it's just around the edges. Let me know what you like that better or whether you just want to stick to solid backgrounds.

Or would you like a more subtle background? I didn't really put a lot of thought into the backgrounds. I can tweak them.

rawTOP: I like the Villain, since it looks like the original layout, but i like the blue background personally. Ill keep it the way it is with Villain with a neutral background as for me the picture still looks busy. Other than that and my chat suggestion, good job!

• Administrators

FYI – I've disabled the image backgrounds for mobile users for the main "Chameleon Dark" theme. They were already disabled completely for both mobile & tablet for the "Villain" theme. I wasn't happy with the page load times on mobile, and the images were rendering oddly on iPhone.

• Administrators

More changes…

The chat room is no longer cluttered with messages of who's entered and left, and you can see recent comments when you go in.

And I've added some banner ads in between the posts. Just one or two per page (plus the ones at the bottom). If they irritate you, just realize that they help pay for the site.

Speaking of banners, is anyone so bothered by them that you'd do a paid membership to turn them off? If so, let me know. I prefer to keep things free…

• Administrators
11 hours ago, drscorpio said:

Click on the paintbrush icon and select one of the solid backgrounds. That should help. 

OR, go to the bottom and choose the Villain theme from the dropdown on the word Theme. It has no transparency.

9 hours ago, Bb4meaz said:

Is there a way to increase the font size? On the previous version when you viewed in landscape mode the text size got larger. Perhaps I'm missing something?

Yeah, I had a problem with it too and increased it slightly in the body of the posts. On desktop you would do Command + (or whatever the Windows equivalent is). If you're talking about landscape, that means you're on mobile. I just googled it and found a possible solution. I'll have to figure out how to implement it. I'll try to get it done by end of day on Monday (if not sooner).

On 10/26/2016 at 6:03 PM, rawTOP said:

Hmmm… 4 hours in an you guys are quiet about the upgrade. Hope that means you like it.

I know the background image looks like crap on mobile. I recommend clicking the paintbrush icon and choosing a solid color background. I'll try to make that the default for mobile tomorrow.

I'm drawing a blank on other things to fix, but I'm sure I'll come across them again soon.… But gonna stop for tonight and resume in the morning.

Oh yeah, the background processes are still completing the upgrade. I'll let you know when they're done (if they're done before I go to sleep). At that point anything you see that's bugs you, let me know and I'll see if it's an easy fix.

On 10/26/2016 at 8:35 PM, rawTOP said:

Every time there's an upgrade I get comments like that from a small percentage of the users. On the whole, everything you're used to is there, it might just look a little different.

If you have a particular issue that's confusing you, let me know.

thanks BIG MAN for the updates, hope to get my ass seeded by u soon. 

On 10/26/2016 at 6:03 PM, rawTOP said:

Hmmm… 4 hours in an you guys are quiet about the upgrade. Hope that means you like it.

I know the background image looks like crap on mobile. I recommend clicking the paintbrush icon and choosing a solid color background. I'll try to make that the default for mobile tomorrow.

I'm drawing a blank on other things to fix, but I'm sure I'll come across them again soon.… But gonna stop for tonight and resume in the morning.

Oh yeah, the background processes are still completing the upgrade. I'll let you know when they're done (if they're done before I go to sleep). At that point anything you see that's bugs you, let me know and I'll see if it's an easy fix.

I like the new site/look. Haven't navigated through all of it though but I noticed there's a difference in the Galleries. When you click on Gallery at the top of the page you get to see the most recent 12 pics. But there is no button to go to the next 12 most recent pics. I did get to a page where you could see the most recent updated albums but can't remember how I got there! ;-)

Is there an easy way to see the most recent pics, more than the latest 12?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.