Discuss Site Upgrade Here

rawTOP

Hello,  would you please add an option for a theme which has black text on white background.  It's nearly impossible to read white on dark.  I know it 's the 'new thing', but it's miserable to try to use.  Thanks

Edited by Macahi
  • Upvote 1

• Administrators
On 11/6/2016 at 10:23 AM, cumguzzlingbear said:

Hello

thank you for putting so much time into the site

am still trying to get used to the changes and navigating through the new look

I have not been able to find the likes tab under member profiles

can you let me know where to find that now

thanks

Recent likes (aka "give reputation points") and follows can be seen under the activity tab on a person's profile. Older activity was dumped in the upgrade.

23 hours ago, Macahi said:

Hello,  would you please add an option for a theme which has black text on white background.  It's nearly impossible to read white on dark.  I know it 's the 'new thing', but it's miserable to try to use.  Thanks

Give me a day or two and I'll enable "default". I thought it was too ugly to use, but if you want it, I'll enable it as an option (though it won't be the default option, despite the name).

There are two reasons why I use dark themes – 1) it suits the subject material, IMHO, and 2) about half of the visitors are on mobile devices and dark backgrounds use less power, so they're more battery friendly.

15 hours ago, punaman said:

that would be the best upgrade!
and can you PLEASE tell me what the reputations are and why I can reputation some people and not others???

What would be the best upgrade? There's a lot that's been mentioned in this thread…

Reputation points are the result of the up/down vote buttons. You can only give 10 per day. It will tell you when you hit your limit. I haven't seen any other instances where you can't vote up or down.

On 10/29/2016 at 8:56 AM, rawTOP said:

OR, go to the bottom and choose the Villain theme from the dropdown on the word Theme. It has no transparency.

Yeah, I had a problem with it too and increased it slightly in the body of the posts. On desktop you would do Command + (or whatever the Windows equivalent is). If you're talking about landscape, that means you're on mobile. I just googled it and found a possible solution. I'll have to figure out how to implement it. I'll try to get it done by end of day on Monday (if not sooner).

I am not able to log in AT ALL. I get this error:

[[Template core/front/global/globalTemplate is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sad and horny,
markslater

I see there has been one comment (& reply) concerning 'likes' so apologies if my query is a repeat of that.

I use to go via the 'likes - given' option on my profile to get to a list of all the stories I liked. Is this still possible or is it something that has not been transferred to the new site - meaning I will have to find another way to compile a 'shortcut' to my favourites?

Otherwise, the new site seems good. Thanks for all your hard work rawTOP!

Please ignore previous entry!!!

i) LIKES - GIVEN 

I see there has been one comment (& reply) concerning 'likes' so apologies if my query is a repeat of that. I use to go via the 'likes - given' option on my profile, to get to a list of my favourite 'stories'. Is this still possible or is it something that has not been transferred to the new site? Will l have to find another way to compile a 'shortcut' to my favourites sleazy tales?

ii) AUTO SCROLL TO TOP OF PAGE

There use to be an 'arrow' in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen, regardless of which page or where you were on the page. When clicked, the screen immediately went to the top of which ever page you were on at the time. It saved the hassle of having to scroll upwards through everything on that page. It was a useful feature which aided navigation around the site, so I hope it is possible to have something similar on the new site?

Otherwise, the new site seems good. Thanks for all your hard work rawTOP!

Guest GoodExercise

What about a feature (which was present in the old version) where you can see most recent forum posts (similar to how you can see most recent status updates)?  Sorting through all updates is too cumbersome.  So now I do not look at forum posts.

Good Excrsise, I was finding this a bit frustrating too! Then I discovered that if you click on the small white dot to the left the topic index heading, this will take you directly to the last unread post on that particular topic. Am now finding I can review points of interest much quicker, and hopes this helps you.

On 11/9/2016 at 10:12 PM, Guest mark said:

I am not able to log in AT ALL. I get this error:

[[Template core/front/global/globalTemplate is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sad and horny,
markslater

Still can't log in to the site since the upgrade, same error. I don't want to start a whole new account. Anybody?

User: markslater

I like the chat for the most part. 

though maybe the thing i like most is that the header is finally fixed so it doesnt do that weird jumpy show/hide on scoll that it was doing with the only site design ;p

overall, good work guys ^^

im sure any complaints i have are mostly me nitpicking :P

On 11/7/2016 at 0:46 PM, rawTOP said:

Give me a day or two and I'll enable "default". I thought it was too ugly to use, but if you want it, I'll enable it as an option (though it won't be the default option, despite the name).

There are two reasons why I use dark themes – 1) it suits the subject material, IMHO, and 2) about half of the visitors are on mobile devices and dark backgrounds use less power, so they're more battery friendly.

Thanks.  I appreciate the effort when you can get around to it. 

Edited by Macahi

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.