Fuck flu

gaynevets

Know why it's called that? Because, fuck! It's the worst flu you'll ever get! Still recovering from it. Supposed to be very infectious at this stage. Sucks to be certain patrons of certain adult book stores with glory holes, that I frequent ;)

Not sure how long I will go without meds. Have to monitor my health, and all. I suppose if I begin feeling poorly again I will take up meds. Who knows?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Quite right, gaynevets. And I had it twice. I cursed the day I went raw many times when I had the fuck flu but felt differently soon after it was over. You don't have to make any decisions about anything yet. Just hang in there and know that you are not alone. If you wish to take meds there is a decent health care system (at least if you are insured) and much support to take care of you. If you don't begin on meds right away, you also have a lot of support especially here. And you are right you are extremely infectious at this stage, probably getting a bit more so each day. Hang in there and keep posting or messaging here. Welcome to the Brotherhood!

• 2 weeks later...

The fuck flu for me was the worst 2 weeks in my life health wise. They put me in the hospital for 5 days to get the fever down, My weight went from 120 to 105. I'm on meds but they are not working like they should as I still have high VL. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I, like many guys, had absolutely not health issues related to conversion.   While I have read about horrible fuck flu, I did not experience any aches, pains or anything that gave an indication of the viral war going on inside me.   Of course, since I was chasing hard, it was no surprise when I tested POZ, but other than lots of poz cock in my ass, I had no other indication of the actual infection.

• 2 months later...
Guest Deviantlad
On 11/20/2016 at 10:25 PM, SuccessfulChaser said:

I, like many guys, had absolutely not health issues related to conversion.   While I have read about horrible fuck flu, I did not experience any aches, pains or anything that gave an indication of the viral war going on inside me.   Of course, since I was chasing hard, it was no surprise when I tested POZ, but other than lots of poz cock in my ass, I had no other indication of the actual infection.

I was the same. Never experienced any flu like symptoms and had no health problems. I was regular at getting checked over and was not surprised when they told me I was poz. Further more I was not offered meds for a few years as my v/l was slow to rise and my cd4 count never went below 500. I then made the choice not to go on meds as I still feel good and healthy.

• 3 months later...

I've heard it described as really bad ... yet many people don't experience any symptoms at all during conversion. It's weird!

Just wondering, given how bad some people describe the experience (and how it can effect a person's health at that moment), if some people actually die during conversion? Or will everyone recover?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/6/2016 at 4:49 AM, boy4you said:

The fuck flu for me was the worst 2 weeks in my life health wise. They put me in the hospital for 5 days to get the fever down, My weight went from 120 to 105. I'm on meds but they are not working like they should as I still have high VL. 

Some of us get hit really hard, chained to toilet for days 

I'm guessing I was lucky.  Mine lasted one day (Boxing Day 2006, no it was not a hangover but it was best thing I had that Christmas).  As soon as it came it went.  Shame you don't get to seroconvert twice, would like to savour the experience again.

• 1 month later...