Anyone Else On PrEP Miss The Risk?

JakeTurner

I've been on PrEP for something like 3 1/2 years. And I gotta say I sorta miss the risk. Anyone else feel the same way?

I finally got to the point where I got frustrated because I wasn't making the gym a priority and wasn't happy with progress on my body, so I decided I'd rather be poz than out-of-shape, so I'm only taking PrEP on days when I go to the gym and/or days I fuck or get fucked raw. I'm trying to get to the gym 4x/week – which is the number of doses of PrEP that researchers say gives you full protection. So when I'm having sex I'm taking it 5-6x/week. But at the same time I'm ambivalent. Yesterday I had had a good day of work, was exhausted, and didn't go to the gym, yet I let myself take PrEP because I've been good about the gym lately (my muscles are still sore/recovering), and I'll probably go to CumUnion tonight where I'll be taking 10-15 cocks up my ass. 

So I'm pretty ambivalent. Part of me wants the risk – even wants to be poz. But the other part of me is making sure I take enough meds to stay neg. (But at least I'm using that energy to push myself to go to the gym and get fit. Better body, better sex, right?)

Anyone else on PrEP ambivalent about PrEP?

• Upvote 2

I get what you're saying - barebacking used to give me a "rush" doing something I knew I "shouldn't" be doing, but that rush would usually (almost always) make me cum prematurely.  Didn't matter if I was top or bottom - once I was making that raw contact, I would often cum without a real satisfying fuck.  The risk factor/taboo would push me over the edge way too fast.  I went through a few different phases over a 10 year period feeling guilty playing bare, then just deciding not to worry about it, then abstaining for a little while, then repeating the cycle.  I got on it about 2.5 years ago, just a few weeks after I finally grew the balls to join bbrt and started getting hit up by so many HOT "poz/undet/ask me" guys I KNEW I wanted to fuck with.  

I've never been having so much hot uninhibited sex with so many hot guys in my life and love how liberated I feel and no fear or guilt after!!  I love it - no questions asked - group setting, cumunion, fuck, breed swallow anyone hot with zero discussion.  Feel like I'm becoming more of a slut/stud every passing month with zero regrets :)

• Upvote 4

I'm still neg and although the thought of being poz excites me, I want to try Prep to stay neg for a while longer.  My problem, I dread asking my doctor for a prescription for Prep (the drug Truvada).  He doesn't know I'm bisexual.   My questions for you guys on Prep:
1) Any chance I could get the script from the Health Department so I don't have to tell my doctor?   

2) Do I have to be tested to see if I'm still neg before doctor will give me a script for Prep?

3) have you had any side effects from taking prep?

Thanks guys!  Happy fucking!

(photo of me that shows how proud I am to be a cocksucker attached)

Proud faggot cocksucker.jpg

Edited by KYNegBBbottom

Some clinics or public places now offer it, but you still need to be tested- even if it weren't required, you still should. Being positive and growing resistant is far worse that temporary embarrassment.

I've come across judgemental doctors, but really, thats all they can do. Its easy to find a new one if its a problem. If you're plastering your face online with dicks, I doubt its that big of a secret for you.

Which leads to... if you're sexually active, you need to have blood work ran anyway every so often.

We're adults. Clearly, we fuck who we want, but be responsible about it. And that includes being honest with medical professionals when its for your own good.

Edited by topstud127
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2016 at 9:50 AM, hardix said:

So recently read an article that said PreP will give you 86% protection against HIV, still a small risk then, lol. 

That's old and conservative data (e.g. over estimating risk just to be safe). Now that it's been out for 4 years or so, and there have been millions of unprotected fucks with it and only 2 or 3 people have converted the real number is 99%+

• Upvote 1