Warning Points

rawTOP

• Administrators

We get asked a lot whether warning points expire. The answer is no, they don't. But you shouldn't worry about it too much. Only you and the moderators can see your warning points. If you racked up a few points 2 years ago, we really don't care too much. They stay there to discourage repeat bad behavior, but let the moderators be aware that they might be seeing repeat behavior if you continue to do things that break the community rules.

Bottom line, once the penalty wears off from your infraction, don't worry about the points.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
6 hours ago, bbpoznow said:

I got a couple of warning point a few years ago and not sure how I got them as I just answered some ones post. I don't find this a easy site to  navigate 

likewise I did, for posting an intro post in a wrong section. the mod, who no longer mods here was like a school master telling off an errant pupil. quite unnecessary.

and agree, I also find the site not easy to navigate.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Guest GoneFishing

my points were warranted 

talked about the taboo stuff why we are here on a public board. had bz withdrawals for weeks not being able to share my shenanigans ?

Guest Deviantlad

All I did was to post something in the wrong place (easy to do on this site) and had the head mistress slap the back of my hand, gave me detention and with it 3 points lol

On 10/12/2017 at 4:15 PM, BBJONNY said:

likewise I did, for posting an intro post in a wrong section. the mod, who no longer mods here was like a school master telling off an errant pupil. quite unnecessary.

and agree, I also find the site not easy to navigate.

Me too.  I mos def posted in the wrong section, and I quoted about some video on a site which the moderator said "had pirated videos".  How was I supposed to know?

Anyways, I had a total of nine (9) points,  but the mod listed 5 points for one infraction and three for another.  I guess he couldn't count, as 5+3=8, and not 9.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, pigpozdad said:

Me too.  I mos def posted in the wrong section, and I quoted about some video on a site which the moderator said "had pirated videos".  How was I supposed to know?

Anyways, I had a total of nine (9) points,  but the mod listed 5 points for one infraction and three for another.  I guess he couldn't count, as 5+3=8, and not 9.

If you look at ALL of your infractions, you have 5 points from one you got in 2012 long before I was a moderator. Under the old forum software, points decayed over time. You still have one lingering from that 5 points long ago.  Your total is 5+3 +5 - 4 that decayed over time.

Moderator's don't total your points, the forum software does it automatically. 

At the risk of being accused of being on a power trip again, publicly bitching about your infractions will get you another one, so you need to cool that here. If you feel like you were treated unfairly, message the moderator who gave you the points to talk about it. Several people have convinced me to lessen or remove their infractions because of something I overlooked. If you feel I or any other moderator is being unfair to you, I encourage you to appeal to rawTOP directly. He is the final authority on the site, and he is the one who decided how many points each infraction is worth. 

• Upvote 4

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.