Warning Points

rawTOP

• Administrators
6 hours ago, storymix said:

thank you, since I can't speak English, I didn't understand that at the time. I must have written a German text and didn't know that it was forbidden.

Writing in German is also not allowed on this site. We don't allow things we can't moderate.

RT- still wish the points had an expiration date to them- I got pinched way back when when the warning points were introduced- for a  post by someone else that I had replied to months before. Hell, even speeding ticket points drop off after a couple years ..

2 hours ago, AlwaysOpen said:

RT- still wish the points had an expiration date to them- I got pinched way back when when the warning points were introduced- for a  post by someone else that I had replied to months before. Hell, even speeding ticket points drop off after a couple years ..

i agree. once you have served your sentence, at least after a reasonable time has passed by, i think the points should disappear.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, AlwaysOpen said:

8 minutes ago, alwaysready said:

i agree. once you have served your sentence, at least after a reasonable time has passed by, i think the points should disappear.

Moderator's Note: The problem here is the forum software we are currently using did not work the way rawTOP expected it to. Every time he thought it was working, something weird would happen (like someone who once had 35 points suddenly having -35 points). We believe it is fixed now; points should expire after a couple of years. But making this work the way he wants it to may have to wait until rawTOP can write the code for a new site the way he wants it to work. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 11/1/2016 at 10:07 AM, rawTOP said:

We get asked a lot whether warning points expire. The answer is no, they don't. But you shouldn't worry about it too much. Only you and the moderators can see your warning points. If you racked up a few points 2 years ago, we really don't care too much. They stay there to discourage repeat bad behavior, but let the moderators be aware that they might be seeing repeat behavior if you continue to do things that break the community rules.

Bottom line, once the penalty wears off from your infraction, don't worry about the points.

Thank

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators
17 minutes ago, Njn0mc said:

Why are points foe such a long time?

I have points that last almost 2 years.

Points last a long time to remind us to abide by the rules, because some people have a tendency to forget. Often.

Some points last longer than others, because they are for an infraction that is bigger problem for the site.

Please note that the restrictions that sometimes come with an infraction DO NOT last nearly so long.

• Thanks 1

Here's another way to think about it.

When you get a moving violation ticket, you may pay a fine (or a few days in jail, which may be suspended) and lose your license for, say, 60 days. After that, you're free to drive again. But the ticket stays on your record - and your insurer will see it for (typically) three years or so; if you get another ticket within that period, the insurer is much more likely to jack up your rate or cancel you, because you have a history. They wouldn't know about your history if the ticket were taken off your account as soon as you paid the fine and your sentence/suspension was over.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.