Can't log in due to a script error

Guest nekofox

Guest nekofox

Hey there guys, regular user nekofox here, having issues trying to log in.   It seems that as of lately, I've tried to log in like normal, when every time I try to go in, I get this error message: [[Template core/front/global/globalTemplate is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hopefully, if anyone can help on this, I'd appreciate it, since it appears someone else is having the same issue.  I've sent a message about this issue, but there has been no reply.  Hope to get a reply on this.

i cant login with my profile so i had to make this new one, but i keep gettng the same error as above. now i am able to login using this new profile if i use a private browser but if i try to login with my old account, or even this new one without a private browser window i get that script error. driving me nuts i cant figure out whats up?

• Administrators

Clearly this problem is rare since most people are logging in and posting stuff. I can't replicate the problem and until someone can give me a test case where I can replicate it, there's nothing I can do.

I don't know what OS (and OS version) you're on. I don't know what browsers you've tried. I don't know if you're going through a proxy server. And so on…

• Upvote 1

Guest nekofox

I'm using Windows 10 and have been using Chrome, Firefox, even Edge to try and log in.   I'm using (as far as I know) the default proxy from my internet provider (AT&T) and did change the background to a solid color.   The weird thing is that it's been working fine up until recently when I've been getting the message from my OP.  Haven't done anything since then, thanks to the issue I'm having overall.  :/

Guest nekofox

Still not able to log in.  :(  Haven't heard anything or had any changes overall.   If there's any info that's needed, I'll be more than happy to provide because I want to keep my main account and not use a new one.  :(

Screen cap.png

• Administrators

AT&T? I could see a largely mobile carrier "caching" things that shouldn't be cached.

I just did a minor upgrade of the forum software. I'm not expecting it to help, but it might.

Bottom line, I need input from more people to understand what the common denominator is. It's only affecting a small number of people.

I'm finally back on, and I think that upgrade actually did the trick.  I'm still using the same background currently and thankfully I've got full access, no error messages again.  Hopefully, if there are others that did have the same issues, it'll do the same.

Untitled.png

• Upvote 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.