WHEN did you learn to clean your ass

topstud127

Just curious when you guys mastered cleaning out and how open you are about the process.

Some of they guys I've been with, it came to my attention that they didn't ever REALLY clean out until they were with me on a regular basis. I'm a bit big and they feel nervous about me "going too deep" if they haven't cleaned out properly. One always went naturally, everything came out, then would shower. He had to figure it out when he started HIV meds and he was no longer spick-and-span up there; probably something to do with eating poorly and it catching up to his age, as well. My bf, prior to me, used a water bottle then migrated to enemas when he saw me, then regular douching. A couple others, I'm guessing they just showered or water-bottled it (for better or worse).

It always baffles me how secretive gay men are about their cleaning habits or just being blunt about "my ass is or isn't prepped for sex." We all experience the same bodily functions; doesn't mean it oughta be dinner conversation, but a bit baffling when men refuse to acknowledge it and instead create an awkward situation or go ahead with sex, knowing they're not clean, and end up making a mess in place of stating they aren't bottom-ready.

At this point, my boyfriend and I have douched in tandem for impromptu threesomes, we regularly rotate shower and douching if we're trying to save time, have had fuck buds come over, go do their thing in the bathroom and we get to business. It's a bit gross, but its something we all experience and need to figure out. I can't tell you how many hours I've wasted trying to find answers online when it would've been easier to just ask someone.

Oh, it ALWAYS makes me chuckle when I'm in an experienced bottom's bathroom and a hose or bottle is no where to to be found. Just 'LOL', you don't need to hide everything or undo your shower head when you're having someone over. On the other hand, I've had some fuck buds with hoses attached to their showers or brought their own bulb and its just something we talk or laugh about.

Edited by topstud127

3 words that made me confident to bottom - Pure For Men -  I used to pretty much have to starve myself to really feel like I wouldn't have an accident, especially if the top was hung.  Now, even on a weeknight after work, after eating normally all day, I might take a couple extra capsules of pureformen if I know I'm getting fucked, then a quick rinse out with the hose, and never any accidents since I started taking it.  Last week one night I had a vers buddy over and a new huge hung top guy for us to share.  My hole got more of a workout than it's had it years - over 2 hours, all 3 of us in every combination except DP (new guy too huge for me or my buddy), but totally clean, even for Ass to Mouth.  I wish that stuff existed prior to me being 51yo but better late than never!!

• Upvote 2

• Moderators

When I was in my teens and 20s, I never seemed to have an issue with needing to clean. That was until I had my first really well-hung fuck buddy. It was not an issue at first, but the 3rd or 4th time we hooked up, there was a huge mess. Next time, he showed up with a Fleet enema and taught me what to do. I still never had a cleanliness issue with most tricks, so I did not routinely clean out. 

As I moved into my 30s, it began to be an issue. I bought an enema bulb and cleaned myself out before each fuck. It worked pretty well, but I had a couple of bad incidents with well-hung tops. 

When I met my husband who is 8x6, we knew we needed a better solution. We installed hoses in the showers at both our places. Our bathroom in our new house together has a really nice hose attached to the shower, and we even bought a nice travel model for trips. 

I am very open about needing to be clean with tops. I usually clean out before I start looking for a hook up, but if I have not, I don't have a problem telling him that I need half an hour to shower and "clean up." 

• Upvote 1

"When...?" Pretty early on. Even as a kid when I'd experiment with masturbation, I was very bottom oriented, so I learned to clean out as part of play.  I've probably had a couple thousand guys up in me and have never had an 'accident' or mess. Over time I've used and learned different technique, bulb, water bottle if I'm out. Nowadays I use a shower enema. Fiber is important too. If I have any concerns about trapped water, I have a long dildo/snake I often use to make sure I'm completely evacuated and clean.

Fiber supplements like Pure For Men are very helpful, but I think every bottom is different and getting clean back there involves a bit of trial and error, a customised technique (e.g. the right amount of water and how deep to douche), a dildo, some dietary modifications and still a bit of luck. We've all had that sinking feeling of thinking we're ready and seeing that we're not. And we've all been worried we would serve up gravy but turned out to be clean as a whistle. And raise your hand if you've ever gotten a text from your favorite fuck bud after you've stuffed yourself full of greasy food?

One of the reasons I don't top more is because in my experience, less than a third of the bottoms are 100% clean. And yes  I do a finger test before I insert my dick (and yes I hate it when guys finger test me LOL).

One of my fuck buds told me recently, your puss is always clean - how do you do it? I said well...it's complicated. But I'm a consummate professional at what I do and I know first impressions count. Serving up dirty cooch is a no-no. 

• Upvote 3

Two days ago, I was with a fuck bud, he made a mess on me, just a couple strokes in, as soon as I bottomed out in him. He showered, cleaned up, we went again, but in between, talked about cleaning and how often that happens to him- not all the time, but it's not a rarity either. He says he cleans with a bulb and he eats a lot of spicy foods, I told him about Pure and pulled up the site for him. He asked if I recommend a hose and we had a little talk about it, but yeah, hopefully Pure helps him out. He's 42, mostly bottoms, and still isn't 100%, crazy to me. I won't even consider bottoming if I'm not certain I'm clean.

The roughest part is cleaning out, knowing I've cleaned out -- two or three douches, the water runs clear, etc. -- but still being scared as fuck more is going to come blasting out. I understand the general mechanics and that we're also fighting a signal that typically means it's time to crap. But I'm amazed at the people who admit they have no feelings of needing to crap when they are being fucked. 

• 3 weeks later...

I started getting fucked well before I could drive.   The older dude who "recruited" me did a great job of helping me embrace being a queer.  Not only was he a patient lover/master, but he took time to help me with things that have served me well in a lifetime of fag-dom.  

He was able to help me learn how to clean and why.   No doubt, I have been in a few situations over the years when I would have preferred to be cleaner....but for the most part, his methods still work today.  Diet, hose, time all in proper form make the difference for me.  

and every time a top mentions something about a good fuck.....i know i have that one guy to thank

In my case, I had a hemorrhoid operation when I was in my early 20's and had to deal with my hole so I llearned how to clean myself before getting fucked. But it seems like most bottoms had to have an "accident" as a wake-up call of how important having a clean hole is.

On 2016-12-05 at 6:48 AM, topstud127 said:

It always baffles me how secretive gay men are about their cleaning habits or just being blunt about "my ass is or isn't prepped for sex."

Most of us don't want to make the connection between sex and shit, and being secretive about the cleaning breaks that connection. That's probably one of the reasons why I prefer anon sex to intimate and loving sex. Like most bottoms I would clean myself before going to the bathhouse so I could offer a "cumhole" as in a more intimate setting it becomes more difficult to disassociate sex from shit. Probably very similar to what happens with STDs. We should all be talking about STDs before having sex but who wants to connect Sex with STDs, unless you're a chaser?

I had several long-term fuck-buddies that kept coming back for years and I think one reason was that they new a clean hole w waiting for them. That's why it baffles me that bathhouses don't have better facilities specifically for bottoms. Steamworks in Toronto was the first place where I saw good douching pipes next to the toilets. But most places don't offer much and they expect bottoms clean themselves at home.

Experienced Bottoms may get some of the attention from tops because of the assumption they are also experienced at cleaning.

• Upvote 1