I'm curious how many people here have had or currently have Hep C. I ask because between PNP and rough bareback it seems we, esp those HIV+ are at a high risk of injection. I read through the previous thread about Hep C being worse than HIV and I'd just like to know whether Poz or Neg, can you share what your experience with this is like. For those going through treatment and also those who can't afford treatment and are forced to live with it...what have your symptoms/experiences with this been...the bad, the worse and the ugly. Thanks for anyone willing to share.

Diagnosed mid-year two years ago. Most likely picked it up at a sex club in London about 6 months previous so had it for I believe pretty much bang on 3 years now. Probably via another bottom as the tops were dipping in and out whether bb or condom and not cleaning between... hot experience!! But with a not so hot outcome.

Side effects wise I've had no issues so far and my Dr is even surprised how my blood levels seem to be staying pretty static (VL fluctuates, but liver function levels stay the same).

Sex-wise the amount of sex I've had has decreased dramatically. People see or hear the words HepC and they just don't want to know, doesn't matter whether they are HIV neg or poz... you'd think the poz guys would be more understanding considering the stigma that they face from the "DDF / Clean" crew. I get they want to protect themselves, but its the attitude and way they turn you down. Even had abuse on BBRT before from a HIV poz guy... IRONY much!! IMO there's more stigma attached to it than HIV. Even dating wise, can be getting on really well with someone, so 2nd or 3rd date in I disclose my status then that's the last I'll hear from them!

Which then leads me onto the mental health effects of having it. I go through periods of being fine and not thinking about it TOO much (albeit I do think about it EVERY DAY) and then I have periods (particularly after any of the above situations) where it really gets me down, sleepless nights, just wanna drink to forget etc.

Still awaiting treatment on the NHS (UK based), they cap the number of people who are being allowed treatment and prioritising based on how sick you are. Me being otherwise perfectly healthy, am at the bottom of that list and therefore I know I won't be receiving treatment any time soon. The private cover I've got doesn't include HepC and other STDs or chronic illnesses.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Your comments are spot on.   I never had any type of STD prior to getting knocked up.   Since then, I have been a magnet for damned near anything that can be transmitted at the tip of a cock.  No doubt, Hep C made a near expected appearance.   Where I have had zero side effects from being POZ (including no fuck flu), my experience with HEP C has been much more brutal.   A very well hung top with a huge PA was my likely source.  But, he was a real man, and not just a fantastic top.   He actually contacted me and told me of my possible risk.  When we fucked, he had not been diagnosed, and as soon as he was he contacted me.    Anyhow, the treatment is on going and I am hopeful to have that one clear by the middle of first quarter 2017.

Syph I treated as well and it is gone now.  Gono, herpes and warts are all still keeping the HIV company.   Did have them all active at one time.   Perhaps that indicates that not only my immune systems is indeed compromised by the HIV, but that I am finding a more interesting group of fuck buds since getting POZZED.

I do not recommend it to anyone.  The general nausea and joint pain have been the worse.   More frequent diarrhea is a real pain as well.   I have good insurance, but still have had nearly $2000 out of pocket so far.  I will never deny being a bug chaser....but that one I was not chasing, nor would I ever suggest it to anyone else. 

• Upvote 2

Sorry Fillmyarse...people can be very ignorant. And I hate the term "clean" when applied to sex or status, as if to apply that if you have anything or that sex itself is dirty. Fucked up. Glad you haven't been put out too badly health wise thus far though.

SuccessfulChaser thanks for your input as well. As a Chaser myself I have a curious question for you. If you were chasing the bug and the only way to succeed would be to sleep with someone who was both Poz and had Hep C and that was the only way you'd convert, in retrospect, would you still have gone through with it?

keep in mind that hep c is blood borne.....where a variety of fluids can support the HIV virus.   So it might be possible to POZZED for HIV and not HEP C....otherway around ----getting only HEP C from blood and not HIV is highly unlikely......(assuming both are well developed in the donor.

Given my experience, I would have no issue in getting POZZED up on HIV again....but I would avoid the HEP C as much as I could.....it is nasty crap.     So if your question is about just having great sex...and taking a risk....I would not do it.....if it were a partner where I had a longer term love interest, I would likely engage....

• Upvote 1

I picked up a dose of Hep C from fucking around during folsom in Berlin in 2015.  Believe me it's not something that a normal person would

go looking for.. felt like shit for quite a while. My doc picked it up during my regular blood tests. A few months later I was diagnosed with

kidney cancer, and the hep C complicated the treatment. My case become a study in a couple medical journals. Fortunately the hep C

cleared spontaneously  and the last blood test was clear.. am now running on one kidney, which I have to look after..

• Upvote 1

So....let me get an opinion here and in this opinion keep in mind I don't care about contracting HIV. Hello....read my screen name! And I'll have it soon enough.

Say you do meet someone you might like and they are HIV Poz and have Hep C. What do you think your chances are of not catching the Hep C if having unprotected sex?

I don't like condoms and don't plan on starting now. Yes they say you need blood to blood contact to get it but more and more people seem to be contracting it through sex it seems.

• 5 months later...
On 2016-12-16 at 4:06 PM, FillMyArse said:

You'd think the poz guys would be more understanding considering the stigma that they face from the "DDF / Clean" crew. I get they want to protect themselves, but its the attitude and way they turn you down. Even had abuse on BBRT before from a HIV poz guy... IRONY much!! IMO there's more stigma attached to it than HIV.

Can relate.  Contracted Hep C Sept '04 but cleared it successfully without need for treatment by May '05.  Trip to London March '05, was forcefully told to leave a potential 4-way cause one of them knew of my Hep status (I was HIV-, they were each HIV+).  Still unsure how a stranger 200 miles away knew about me (days of Gaydar, only answer I can think of).  It's a real headfuck to be ostracised by guys who should know what it feels like to be on the other side of stigma.

It's ironic, I was chasing HIV and ended up with Hep C from a regular FB through sex.  His treatment was aggressive.  Wouldn't want to contract it again due to the above experience, but I understand the risk that comes with being a chronic barebacker.

On 6/13/2017 at 9:22 AM, DarkNemesis said:

Can relate.  Contracted Hep C Sept '04 but cleared it successfully without need for treatment by May '05.  Trip to London March '05, was forcefully told to leave a potential 4-way cause one of them knew of my Hep status (I was HIV-, they were each HIV+).  Still unsure how a stranger 200 miles away knew about me (days of Gaydar, only answer I can think of).  It's a real headfuck to be ostracised by guys who should know what it feels like to be on the other side of stigma.

It's ironic, I was chasing HIV and ended up with Hep C from a regular FB through sex.  His treatment was aggressive.  Wouldn't want to contract it again due to the above experience, but I understand the risk that comes with being a chronic barebacker.

Seriously agree with the ostracization.  How can a bunch of promiscuous pig boys (many poz) cast judgment ?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bbjockload said:

Seriously agree with the ostracization.  How can a bunch of promiscuous pig boys (many poz) cast judgment ?

It put me off joining the brotherhood for a while.

I think that nowadays HIV+ is an undesired but inevitable consequence of barebacking and with a life long terms therapy that can keep it under control, instead Hep C is a even more dangerous disease you can clear with a 3-4 month treatment.

The desire to avoid an evitable disease could lead to the origin of this kind of ostracism.

just one more thing... I don't blame anyone but I consider a little silly whose proclaim himself disease free, I would remember them, when they retrieve they STD test's results, that:

Positive: means the doctors have found the STD in your system;

Negative: means they don't have found it but it doesn't means you don't have it.

Edited by Fistcumslut

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/16/2016 at 1:30 PM, SuccessfulChaser said:

keep in mind that hep c is blood borne.....where a variety of fluids can support the HIV virus.   So it might be possible to POZZED for HIV and not HEP C....otherway around ----getting only HEP C from blood and not HIV is highly unlikely......(assuming both are well developed in the donor.

Given my experience, I would have no issue in getting POZZED up on HIV again....but I would avoid the HEP C as much as I could.....it is nasty crap.     So if your question is about just having great sex...and taking a risk....I would not do it.....if it were a partner where I had a longer term love interest, I would likely engage....

My doctor has told me that HepC is not only blood borne but can be contracted simply through semen in bareback sex. He said its a common misconception that you can't get it just by fucking ....

• 10 months later...

I've just started Prep, so the doctor did a full blood works. Got a call yesterday that I've had Hep C but I'm one of those where my body cured the infection.

I've never had any symptoms, and never injected, so could only have gotten it through BB sex but no idea when!

My understanding is that because I've never injected, I might not have been tested for it before, so really no idea when it happened. 

I'm concerned about any damage it could have done, so I'll be taking more to my doctor when I go for my next checkup.

• Upvote 1