New to MAL - host hotel booked, what's a good alternative?

Heading to MAL for the first time. Host hotel is booked - any suggestions on a good alternative nearby? IE - no key needed to enter hotel nor to access elevators?

Also, any where to get poppers?

Btm pig here - would love to be a cumdump for random guys over the weekend - pump/dump ok. Anon ok. 

Hit me up at eagerbeaverto@gmail.com and on bbrt (eagerbeaverto is my profile). 

hyatt's reservation system closed/stopped accepting reservations yesterday, wed, jan. 11, 2017.

alternative hotel is the liaison, which is directly across from the hyatt.

or try the washington court hotel on capitol hill, a block away from the host hotel

give them a call directly in case rooms opens up which may not be reflected on the hotels websites.

poppers maybe available at the leathermart.

check MAL's website for the leathermart hours.

Edited by SIReast

IF you don't want to wait until the leather expo opens in the host hotel, you can get poppers tonight (Thursday) and G Books on U street.  They usually open at 5:00 PM.  It's a unique store with an element of hoarding going on.  The proprietor sometimes offers a free bottle of popper if you buy two.  I wouldn't expect that with a purchase of one unless your spending a lot on other things.  G books is a 1520 U St NW, Washington, DC 20009  (202) 986-9697

Many may say this is a last-resort solution, but my first MAL year, when I decided very late to go, I went through Expedia and got a very cheap room at a Dupont Circle are hotel, called The Beacon. Now: Yes, you need to take the Metro back and forth, but you're in Gay Central, where all the restaurants and gay bars are and you see lots of MAL guys there eating. Annie's Steakhouse, especially. I'd get up, take the Metro pretty early and just hang in the hotel until late at night. Then take a cab home. Once, I met local guys and they drove back to the hotel in their car! Whoo-hoo!

Some guys like "getting away from it" and see an advantage to staying elsewhere. So, I liked my situation that year. And my room was, I think, $84/night. Unbelievable.

Last year and tomorrow, I'm in The Hyatt.

I also heard, the hotel will be regulating elevator traffic to wristband wearers and their guests. So, make friends with someone with a resident band and they can get you upstairs.