Problem With Chat room Window

I know a few other guys are having the same problem that has recently cropped up with me here in the chat. The reply/message box seems to be covering up the last one or two messages/replies for some reason. This is in the main open chat area as well as the private chat and it makes it pretty difficult to keep up with things going on. The only way I've found to cope with it, is to make a post with a period, so as to move the chat up one line enough to read what the last post entered has said and of course this makes for much confusion to others. HAS ANYONE come up with a solution for this problem???

15 hours ago, sleazebugga said:

Ps I think quite a few others have this problem because several u have chatted to use the period/full stop method of moving the line of chat higher on the page.

That's what I have to do, so is one of the reasons I'm not saying much in chats anymore, do not want to irritate others with it. It makes it a bitch in private having to do it all the time to be able to read messages.

• Administrators

I just saw a notice that the maker of the software that runs this forum is ending the chat feature come May 1st. I'll look into other solutions before that time. In the meantime chat is what is what it is. I'd rather spend the time I have coming up with a new solution, not fixing a solution that has no future.

rawTOP, Thanks for all your time and efforts, the site is great and very much appreciated by all of us here. It seems the problem is, as I stated in a post here before, if using firefox and some of the other browsers, is how they interpret the coding. I switched to micro-enet explorer and it took care of the problem for me. Anyway, just have to say, is about par as usual, when something seems to be great, they have to go back and fuck it up someway, just as in dropping the chat feature in the software. This is the best board I've been on in  along time and thanks again for all your time and efforts.

• 2 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.