Being truthful to your doctor/nurse?

jtmtl91

They always ask how many partners in the past 3 months.  I really don't keep track, but I give a high enough number so they definitely know to consider me "high risk".  I do have a lot of repeat fuckbuds, but of course they're fucking with  lots of guys in between our sessions too.  I just tell them 15 guys even though I know it's more, and I do tell her no condoms are used.  I can tell she knows it's more anyway, by the way I hesitate before I just throw out the number 15 lol

• 1 month later...
Guest FriendlyBottom

Not all doctors (nurses, PAs, etc.) are the same.  I am fortunate to have a gay male primary care doctor.  I have had a couple of visits with him where, before I bring up sexual stuff I tell him, "I don't want any of this going into my chart..." and he agrees and then I speak freely and honestly.  Thus, what may ultimately go into the chart are indications that my throat and ass were swabbed and tested for gonorrhea and chlamydia and blood was drawn for syphilis testing and all results were negative.  There is no note (and there is no need for a note) to say that I complained of moderate anal tenderness after a recent three-way, sans condoms, with a couple of tops of unknown status.

I decline to be seen by any other doctor's in his group if he should be out of the office and just schedule my appointments for when he's available.  When he retires, I'll find another gay male primary care doctor.  Even amongst the pool of gay male primary doctors, there are some that are caring and cool and some that judgmental Judies.   I prefer to find one that CAN be trusted (check with friend) versus ASSUMING that they're "professional" and have my best interests in mind.