Can a new top depend on his bottom's PrEP?

If my bottom is on prep, do I have to worry? Does that cover us both? I have a bottom who is begging me to fuck him and promises he is on meds, but I'm bi and nervous. Very very horny and want to do it just do this and hoping that the fact he takes meds means it's perfectly OK to take my dick out and stick it inside him

If you trust that he's really on it and taking it regularly, then you pretty much have nothing to worry about - except greater risk to stds - and the fact you'll be completely hooked for bareback from now on.  Depends how well you know him and trust him.  Look how many guys on here will say whatever it takes to get some raw dick or ass.  So, is he really on it?  Is he taking it everyday?  Would he tell you if he stopped for whatever reason?   

I'll tell you from my experience, I topped almost all the time for 10-12 years raw.  I know for a fact with mix of poz neg and undet guys.  Started bottoming more about a year before PrEP was well known about, so I got on it pretty much right away.  Incredibly liberating not to worry, and I'm totally vers now.  But as another thread on here discusses, losing that "rush" from the riskiness - being a "badboy" barebacking - is gone.  But that lack of fear and just fuck with anyone hot I'm into - no questions asked - is well worth it!!   

• Upvote 1

• Moderators

PrEP probably will give you some protection, but that is not how it is designed to work. If you want protection from PrEP, you need to take it. 

Also, PrEP will in no way protect you from an ass full of someone else's cum. 

Nor will it protect you from all the bacterial STIs like syphilis, gonorrhea, and chlamydia. 

The problem is I spend all my time fantasizing about anonymous sex and the thrill of not using condoms… I know I'm going to slip up and do something even riskier if I don't have bare sex before too much longer. I've been waiting years and I've turned down good opportunities before. And recently I've been sick getting sucked by anonymous old trolls who always push my boundaries farther than I intended anyway. This guy at least says he's on prep. I'm not sure if he's telling the truth. I know he gets fucked by other poz guys and he's trying to invite me to tagteam him with another supposedly HIV-negative guy, but even just writing this I'm jerking off thinking about the fact I could actually have unprotected sex with him.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Bottom on PrEP here, just tested HIV- again but just spent the evening contacting the guys i know to tell them i tested + for anal chlamydia. No way of knowing if it was one of the several anon cocks i took over the last 3 months or one of the reg guys. As i said to one of the reg guys, if you are having bb sex you are gonna catch an std once in awhile.