persistent health dept.

hotelbttmslut

Hey guys -  Fuck with the health department but understand the risk.   Google the laws for your locale to know that risk.   If you don't want to deal best bet is to avoid contact all together.   Personally, I avoided phone contact, they ran me down at my home, took a dislike to me, questioned if I in fact notified partners, didn't like that I invoked the right of privacy of my partners (didn't refuse to give names and contact info, said I wouldn't without express permission from the partner), questioned my HIV notification policy, and went nuclear on me.  They used an arcane HIV prevention law to put a restrictive order on me which was a joke - can't donate tissue or blood, no sharing needles, no unprotected sex without the permission of the partner(s).   Oh and ordered me to 10 session of HIV risk reduction counselling (first session I brought in the partner study, the CDC's risk table, various statements/positions on UND and transmission risk and said counsel me, tell me where I have it wrong but do me the courtesy of providing the supporting research, position papers. He had nothing other than party line, tried to expand to risk in general - I wouldn't let him I was there against my will under court order specifically for HIV risk reduction counselling, not why I take risks in general- and it was a huge waste of time).  The only positive from the experience is that through discovery for the court hearing they had to turnover their database information they had on me.  The level of distain was huge and out and out expressed.  Accusation of lying, drug user, words were put in my mouth, information lifted directly from  my medical records (yes - I had the discussion with the doctor's office, ironically both the doctor and the nurse chose to 'retire' while following up with General Counsel on HIPPA, DOU between them and the Department, and internal documentation and patient notification for the release of info).  Also saw the information they extracted from partners - 2 of them.  Do I feel I was victimized by the department, the AG's office, the courts (district and appeals), my lawyer, the legislature, the system - yes, I do.  But I also know I did things that didn't help my cause. I was confrontational, snippy, stand offish with each of the agents.  I openly advocated the supremcy of privacy over their mission of preventing the spread of disease and protecting the health of the public.   When they started the legal march I didn't take them as seriously as I should have and sought out legal counsel right away.  When I did, I chose the wrong lawyer who ultimately was over her head in the hearing.  Against everything in my gut, I took her advice and did not attend the hearing (civil hearing, not criminal, they could have compelled me to take the stand and give testimony against myself) and then literally cried when I read the transcripts filled with speculation, implications, innuendos, medical and epidemilogical testimony from a non expert, snide comments hand waved as extreme professionals under pressure. She allowed them to put up the dirty faggot spreading AIDS smoke screen.  None of it challenged.  Also not challenged the fundamental question - why were they there - it was an escalating statue - as behavior continues to show a threat, the actions they can take progress as well.  THERE WERE NO ADDITIONAL ACTIONS YET THEY PROCEEDED THROUGH THE LAW.  THAT WAS THE POINT OF ATTACK.  She didn't and I wasn't there.

The long and short - know the law for your locale and know that the laws on the books have not caught up to the science.

i have been diagnosed with anal gonorrhea and anal chlamydia, and both times i was asked if  i knew my partners and could i contact them or the HB clinic would contact them if i gave them their info, even if i just knew their names on the hook up site i arranged the sex on. Both times i found it very sexualy exciting to be telling a female nurse that i couldn't really remember the names, but i had met them on squirt or bbrt.

I got a call Friday from the Heath department. Pretty cool guy. Asked a lot of questions that typical. Did say that they have database that can pull folks with their Kik accounts and other apps if I didn't recall their contact info. He did seem geniune about preventing the spread. Also made a statement like "with today's medicines and Prep you shouldn't have been infected.

• 1 year later...

Many years ago I tested positive for syphilis.  The Wisconsin Dept. of Health and Mental Hygene (talk about an Orwellian name) physically sent someone to find me.  They literally drove well over 400 miles until they found me, handed me a letter, and told me to follow the instructions in 30 days or there would be a court order.  Needless to say, I did what they asked.   Fast forward a number of years... I tested positive for HIV (no surprise there, I slammed poz blood) and they gave me a fucking social worker.  Seriously!  I nearly have a PhD (just should write my dissertation ) and they thought that I needed a social worker.  Anyhow, she annoyed me for about a week until I got a new phone number and threatened her with a restraining order if she came to my house again.  The county health dept wasn't so bad.  Just a few questions and that was it.  I have never cooperated with the do-gooder social worker types any more than I absolutely have to.