HIV Immunity: Fact or Myth

Same here.   I came of age in the 80s, lived in Milwaukee, Chicago, and San Francisco.    Started taking raw cock at an early age before learning or knowing what HIV/AIDS was, so bareback sex became the norm, that never changed for me.   Numerous friends, fuck buddies, and lovers (including my husband and partner of 19 years) are POZ.   Many died before treatments were developed.   And now because of medications many are living with the virus.  Although I do not view myself as a chaser, I never tried to prevent getting the bug, I just accepted whatever happened will happen, and that it is inevitable I will get it.   However, so far I have not.   I have never been tested to see if I carry the CCR5 mutation allele - most of the time I do not go to the doctor when I am sick much less go to the doctor to see why I am not getting sick.   However, over the years I wondered why I lost so many people to AIDS.    Maybe it is all due to the the luck of draw or curse of genetics, just like many other diseases.

• 2 months later...

I've been taking poz loads, and not all fro guys on meds, and am still neg too. Perhaps it's that hormone, but as I've alluded to in some of the (not really) fiction I've posted, I tend to take white wine enemas before I get fucked. I've read some websites that state many (over 50%) of us douche before we play (and not just in the US), and that normally we use soapsuds enemas which still the intestinaly mucosa which renders us more susceptible to absorbing the virus. But white wine is very acidic, almost as acidic as stomach fluid, which tends to kill the virus in swallowed loads. So, perhaps white wine enemas also kill the virus in the rectum and colon? Regardless, I'll continue to take raw loads after indulging in my wine enemas.

There definitely is a small population of people with an innate immunity to HIV infection. As other posters have said, it is a mutation in the CCR5 gene (deletion of amino acid residue 25), which is a cell surface receptor. HIV binds to this receptor on the T cells to gain entry into the cell. When someone has this mutated receptor, HIV cannot bind to the T cell and infection never occurs.

If you really want to know if you have this mutation, taking the 23andme home genomics test will tell you. I don’t have this mutation myself. 

But HIV is actually not very ‘good’ at infecting it’s host, definitely much less effective at it than other common viruses, like the flu virus. I have knowingly taken toxic high VL loads before I was on PrEP and I didn’t convert. It’s a random chance (there are statistics out there, I don’t know them off hand, but if I remember, it’s like 1 in 50 chance or something for the bottom). 

• Upvote 1

Guest descartes70817

I have no idea when I was pozzed but it was most likely about 10-13 years ago, so I have no idea at all how many neg guys I pozzed along the years. In all those years I never tested and got into the don't ask, don't tell mode as long as I could fuck bottoms bareback and take a load myself if the mood took me.