HIV Immunity: Fact or Myth

Immunity: Fact or Myth.  Allow me to cut to the chase by saying...and I know how crazy this sounds but I truly believe that I'm immune to the virus.  I have to be.  There is no other answer.  I've been thinking a lot lately...not the usual stuff, you know dicks, boys, cum, speed, etc...and I've never thought about it much, if at all, before.  But this week I realized that in my 30 years of sexual activity that I've NEVER used a condom.  And I once slutted my way through almost an entire dorm of college boys when I was 16!  I still find boys dorms hot to this day!   I've had one condom on my entire life but I wasn't even having sex, I was just a stupid kid who had found a condom.  Thank dog it had already been used or it that would have been really gross.  I just fucking hate condoms.  Almost as much as I hate the term necessary evil.  The condom made my dick look abnormal... it didn't even look like my dick anymore not did it feel like my dick.  Hell, it didn't look like any dick I had seen before.  And I've most certainly never had one up my ass- not even once.  I've never in all my sexual adventures and/or misadventures had someone demand that we use a condom, which is strange because I grew up in the 80's, but this was rural Louisiana and places like New York and LA might as well have been on another planet.   But as of four months ago I was HIV neg.  How can that be?  I've slept with multiple people who knew they were positive.   Considering all the cocks I've had in my ass it makes no logical sense.  If I were a girl, I'd have more babies than a feral cat!   I'm not necessarily a **** either, again I just hate condoms and what happens is what happens....its just not normal.  "Luck" is one thing, but this defies all logic.  Is there anyone out there who feels that they should without any doubt be positive by now?   I know through the years, I've spoken to a few other men who have said the same thing.  They feel somehow that they too are also immune.  But I was wondering if anyone on this forum had any thoughts on the subject, maybe even data or just share the same experience.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Hey!  someone I can relate to I bet! Will you please google 'DELTA 32'. NOW THINK 'DELTA, DELTA, DELTA!' You are from the Mississippi Delta,  I am also from the Delta.  The Delta 32 thing...  Hhhhhhmm  HolySatanicTrinity? 99? I am from Greenville MS. (Greenville is smack dabb in middle of the upper Delta. It start sat Memphis TN,choke point is Vicksburg - where the war was  lost...)

Edited by gonopodium
grammar
  • Upvote 2

Wow thank you both...thats a lot to chew on.  I've studied only the basics on immunology and I do now remember my professor talking about this same thing but at that time it flew right by me.  My father was mostly native American, but my mom's side was of Euro descent ...German or Irish.....they don't really know.  But one the one thing i did learn in class and working in vet clinics is that anything 'medically' is possible.  Thanks for the ideas... 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, lower_bucks_bottom said:

YES YES YES! Good find. However, the wiki  not best in my opine

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16216086

The geographic spread of the CCR5 Delta32 HIV-resistance allele.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1255740/

No need to answer if you don't want too, but do you work in the medical profession because all the articles that you've shown me are all published peer reviewed journal entries...and most people don't even have access to that.  Well thats not entirely true, but you know what I mean...most people don't read that stuff.  Just sayin'....thanks for pointing me in a better direction.  I wish more people would come forward so I wouldn't feel like such a freak!!

I have been taking poz loads since the late 80s and well.. I could tell you stories about my escapades but still always neg. Just some of us out here never will become poz but then again I am 51 and have zero health issues which only god is with me on. 

• Upvote 1

Interesting stuff... I don't have the mutation lol, though it did take a long time for me to become poz. I've had thousands of loads since the early 80's and didn't become poz until a little over a year ago. It's really not that easy to get HIV, so there would be a few who would beat the odds, but I like the evolutionary mutation idea better. 

Catching HIV really is the luck of the draw. Generally speaking though it's a pretty good gamble that if you slut around you're going to catch something however keep in mind those who have absolutely NO desire to catch HIV and that one time the condom broke, they got pozzed. I know we've all read posts about guys questioning "why me" when it comes to HIV, both in getting it, as well as their apparent inability to get it. I've always looked at it in the sense that getting HIV, if intentional, should be a milestone, not the purpose of being a slut. Enjoy the journey and all that comes with it.

I got pozzed pretty young, confirmed at 24 and no telling how long I'd had it but suspicions and situations lead me to believe I got it around 16. Although it's had the unexpected side effect of allowing me to enjoy sex far more without fear it was never something that I looked for. I know that for some, it's about removing that fear just as it did for me however that begs the question as to what would change in your own personal behavior if you should suddenly become poz? Would you be more of a slut, less of a slut, about the same? Being that I wasn't a chaser at the time it had a profound effect on me and I actually swore off sex for about 2 years after I diagnosed. That has since changed but when I look back I definitely remember feeling "lost" but I don't think it was because I was scared of being poz but more scared that the fear was gone and I had trouble dealing with my newfound freedom. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, kimhore said:

Wow thank you both...thats a lot to chew on.  I've studied only the basics on immunology and I do now remember my professor talking about this same thing but at that time it flew right by me.  My father was mostly native American, but my mom's side was of Euro descent ...German or Irish.....they don't really know.  But one the one thing i did learn in class and working in vet clinics is that anything 'medically' is possible.  Thanks for the ideas... 

you're exactly right-anything is possible

the only things I can tell for sure is they are like about 5 people in this world on which the hiv virus did not developed the usual way for now. Insisting on for now. All other people yet millions are on meds or passed away ways too early. My tip to you, have yourself tested twice a year & make sure to stay happy & alive. Many guys ended physically challenged (disabled) because of not taking the right meds on time.   

• Upvote 2

I was in a long term relationship since the 80's but travelled two or three times a year and always went to the baths when available across the country. Then when we moved to Hawaii and had sex at all the natural places here and was probably  fucked about twice a week. Later found out that most of them were POZ. So I'd say over the 30 years, I had maybe 250-300 raw sex experiences and am still negative and NEVER even got an STD. I've never had the flu or even a cold. Must have a great immune system. Currently with a POZ/UD man who fucks me almost daily. According to the studies, I'll never catch HIV from him. It's still exciting though, getting fucked bareback by a POZ guy. 

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Upstateguy518

I think in super rare cases yes, People are immune to it just like plenty of other diseases. For the masses, It's the luck of the draw. Some guys can go hundreds of experiences without catching HIV while others get it after the first time. There's just far too factors to consider though and some guys are honestly just lucky that they haven't caught anything.

• 5 months later...

Yes, this is a thing.

You have a protein in your body called CCR5, this regulates chemokine reception on your white blood cells. HIV infects you by hijacking your white blood cells through CCR5 and spreading to your organs.

People can have a certain mutation called CCR5 Delta 32 (manifesting as II, DI or DD for no copies, 1 copy or 2 copies) which messes this process up. Most people have no Delta 32 mutation, about 10% of white people have 1 copy of the Delta 32 mutation, this does nothing for preventing HIV but it slows the process for which HIV turns to AIDS.

Some people, more than you think at around 1% of whites, have 2 copies of CCR5 Delta 32, you inherit a copy from both your parents. When you have 2 copies of CCR5 Delta 32 you no longer have a proper vector for HIV to spread in your body, you become extremely resistant to HIV. Not immune, but resistant to the point of almost immunity.

I am one of these people. When I turned 19 7 years ago I started trying to get pozzed, I found poz tops who were hvl and took so many loads anon, but nothing. Eventually I dated a poz top for a year, he wasn't on meds and I was getting his loads constantly for that year and still I was neg. When we split he fucked one of my friends and pozzed him immediately. I felt completely betrayed and envious. That's when I started looking into it and learned about CCR5 Delta 32.

Last year I looked to see how I could learn if I had it and found that 23andme does a check for that as part of the DNA screening (Ancestry and Navigenics do not test for CCR5) and I did that, it's a bit pricy at $250, but when I got my results I checked and I was CCR5 Genotype DD, meaning I have 2 copies of Delta 32 and am extremely resistant.

I still try, taking lots of anon loads and hoping, but the chances are extremely slim. If you have been trying to get knocked up for a while and it just isn't happening, I suggest you get yourself tested too, you might be resistant.

Edited by Caratelac
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I too am a 80's survivor. Born in 64, I naturally hit my "stride" in the 80's. Moved from a small town to a nice sized city to go to college. New kid in town, new meat. 5 gay clubs in this city, 3 ABS, 2 adult theaters. I didn't know enough to pick a role so to speak, I just went with whatever was happening at the time. I NEVER, ever wore a condom!! And never had one used on me until well into the 90's and then, it was twice. So, at 53, I have never wore a condom. At 53, I have had exactly 2 used on me. By the same guy. He was positive, newly positive. Thing is, he had already fucked me bare. I don't mean to sound like a slut but, keep in mind, the sex was flowing in the 80's and I was smack dab in the middle of it. I get tested yearly. Still neg. I have knowingly been with 2 different guys in the late 90's. Both full blown. Both fucked me multiples. Nothing. In fact, on died not 2 weeks after our last fuck. I did get one STD. I got Hep B as my 21 birthday present. Missed the 1st 6 weeks of fall qtr at UAB. But miraculously kept up. Otherwise, that's it.

I think that is one reason why, since I am longing to become a Poz Man, it is so frustrating. I want to be complete more than anyone can imagine. But....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3