What bugs have you caught in the past/got now, through bareback sex?

What bugs have you caught/got right now through barebacking?  

967 members have voted

1. 1. What bugs have you caught/got right now through barebacking?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

A question/- I did Palm Springs for Memorial Day weekend-had a fuck fest in spite of allergies. Just before going out had my quarterly labs pulled- but the tech failed to do a RPR test for syph. I am 110% honest with my doc regarding my activity level, so when I wen tin for the lab results and there was no RPR in the tests, he had me redrawn for it, and it came back 1:4. It has always bounced around, 1:1, 1:2, 1:4 and often no meds are done and it is 1:1 the next blood draw. This time ( prob since I took 31 loads) he put me on doxy for 3 weeks, 1 pill 2x a day. I just wonder if other guys have result numbers that fluctuate without any medical involvement like mine do- and at what point your doc intervenes ( I don't mind the pills- actually feel freer on them- I can take any cock and feel like a shield of sorts is in place to block any exposure that might happen)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 3 years later...
On 11/22/2012 at 4:27 PM, mikealec said:

Is it true hiv and syph boost each other?

Absolutely. During primary syphilis infection you have a chancre, an open wound, usually on your cock (but also can be on your butthole).  Perfect entry point for HIV. I'm sure if you have a chancre in makes your chances of getting HIV to grow exponentially.

Edited by rawfuckr
  • Upvote 2

On ‎21‎/‎09‎/‎2010 at 7:51 PM, rawTOP said:

The worst thing I've ever caught was Hep B and that was back when I was practicing safe sex religiously...

It's also unclear whether the poll is asking what people have now, or what they've had in the past...

I caught Hep B too. It really was horrific. Was in hospital for over a week.

• Upvote 1

On ‎21‎/‎09‎/‎2010 at 11:20 PM, fairlygay said:

Got herpes a few years ago and take a pill when an outbreak occurs and nothing else. Just got my most recent tests back and that's it at the moment.

Got herpes on my arse from a guy in a bathhouse when I was 20. Severe outbreak, but then calmed down. Have an occasional ourbreak. Don't take meds.

• Upvote 2

On 6/30/2013 at 6:40 PM, AlwaysOpen said:

A question/- I did Palm Springs for Memorial Day weekend-had a fuck fest in spite of allergies. Just before going out had my quarterly labs pulled- but the tech failed to do a RPR test for syph. I am 110% honest with my doc regarding my activity level, so when I wen tin for the lab results and there was no RPR in the tests, he had me redrawn for it, and it came back 1:4. It has always bounced around, 1:1, 1:2, 1:4 and often no meds are done and it is 1:1 the next blood draw. This time ( prob since I took 31 loads) he put me on doxy for 3 weeks, 1 pill 2x a day. I just wonder if other guys have result numbers that fluctuate without any medical involvement like mine do- and at what point your doc intervenes ( I don't mind the pills- actually feel freer on them- I can take any cock and feel like a shield of sorts is in place to block any exposure that might happen)

RPR/VDRL quantitative is considered negative less than 1:8. It should go to RPR/VDRL negative with time 1-2 years....unless you reinfect yourself. Your varying RPRs  maybe normal while the settle into neg territory

BTW, the number of loads doesn't matter for syphilis. Syphilis is passed on through skin contact with a chancre. The number of partners is probably more of a factor than the loads. And yes, daily doxy seems to be a PrEP of sorts of Syphilis!

Edited by rawfuckr
  • Upvote 2

Since I started rare barebacking about 15 years ago, I've had gonorrhea and chlamydia (double infection - and I'm pretty sure this came from being fingered), crabs 3-4 times and non-specific urethritis once.  Last year I developed internal anal warts although these have mostly disappeared.

Since I've been on PrEP for the last 11 months I've had chlamydia twice more and gono once, all anal.  A lot more barebacking too.

During this period my STI test frequency has ramped up,  I'm regular every 3 months with ad-hoc tests if I think something's wrong.  Got immunised against Hep A & B several years ago.