What bugs have you caught in the past/got now, through bareback sex?

What bugs have you caught/got right now through barebacking?  

966 members have voted

1. 1. What bugs have you caught/got right now through barebacking?

2 hours ago, sleazyskank said:

Curious to know how long it takes for these STIs to make themselves known. Any information would be appreciated.

It varies. Most can appear in just a few days, and others can take a lot longer. I had gono for nearly three months before it finally turned up. But I hear syph can lie dormant for even longer periods.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've caught genital herpes (anal region) and chlamydia.  Probably HPV too as everyone has had a strain or more of that but if so its been asymptomatic.  Genital herpes isn't really that big of a deal physically, but there are a lot of guys who won't come near me when they find out I have it.  Big hook up dealbreaker for a lot of guys.

• 3 weeks later...

I have syph , HSV2 and Hep B - negative on everything else,.  The syph was latent, so probably had it a long time (3 shots of penicillin is dropping the #s, don't know how long it will take to be clear).  The HSV2 is old as well, probably 15 yrs and I've never given it to anyone (that one is easy...have an outbreak, don't fuck anyone).  The Hep B is about 5 months in, 3 liver tests so far and the #s are dropping in half each time - if it's clear within a year all is good, otherwise it will be considered chronic and require ongoing treatment.

I hate these STIs - even if I go on PrEP, get immunizations for Hap A and B, I'd still have to expect Gono, Hep C, clamid and syph (again).  :(   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/31/2018 at 8:52 AM, aries7 said:

I've caught genital herpes (anal region) and chlamydia.  Probably HPV too as everyone has had a strain or more of that but if so its been asymptomatic.  Genital herpes isn't really that big of a deal physically, but there are a lot of guys who won't come near me when they find out I have it.  Big hook up dealbreaker for a lot of guys.

Their loss. Most cute guys have it.

• 2 weeks later...

I got tested for the first time in about five years a couple of weeks ago. In that five year period, I had barebacked somewhere in the region of 100 to 200 guys (I really can't say a number to be honest, because I lost count after 15 or so and just stopped trying to count...but somewhere in  between 100 and 200 seems about right...although it could easily have even been over 200!!!). 

Despite being an exclusive top, I was certain that I must have pozzed and I was expecting my HIV result to come back poz. Because I'd barebacked so, so, so many guys and also because I am also uncut. I was so convinced that I was going to be told by the sexual health clinic that I was poz. But it turned out I wasn't. I had picked up only gono and syph (I've been treated for the gono and am currently undergoing treatment for the syph, which is a 4-week course of Doxycycline ...yes 4 fucking weeks. The doctor at the sexual health clinic said she thinks I'm in the "latent late stage" of syph, so they're having to hit it hard. She gave me the option of a penicillin shot in my ass, but I was too much of a coward for that and opted for the antibiotic tablets (Doxy) instead. 

Here in London there is currently an impact trial for PrEP and the clinic have booked me in for an impact trial consultation in February (they are fully booked up until then!! Which is good I guess... as it means so many guys must be wanting PrEP). So until I get on PrEP in February, I will do my best not to engage in any bb sex....although that's going to be difficult....and maybe I already have.....

Edited by concerned1

• 3 weeks later...

I have gotten gono 3x , chlamydia 1x and Hep B in my 15 years of barebacking.  Been on PreP 5 months and  just caught syph from my last big cum dump session 3 months ago.  Will be taking my big needle shot in 2 days...ouch!  I fortunately developed immunity to the Hep B so no problems there.  Planning another big Hotel Pump and dump + Slammer visit in February...may end up with some bugs again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 months later...