What if you have a rare strain?

Hi guys. I am POZ for 6 months now and on meds. Recently I got my drug resistance test results and it says I have CRF28_BF subtype. I have some stupid questions for experienced guys.

From my readings I can say CRFs are rare right? So can we say they are more dangerous than common subtypes like C ?
Since I took more than 150 anon loads until I diagnosed, can we say it's a combination form I got from several people or I got it from one person?
Does it mean it's easier to have a superinfection because I have a rare subtype? Certainly I don't want to have it but I can't stop taking more anon loads!

• Upvote 1

Guest GoneFishing

superinfection is a myth boy.

keep taking loads and don't let anyone try to scare you. 

sound like you hit the jack pot with a resistant stain!  

No doubt, the evidence indicates the CRF mutations/strains can present issues to those who choose to try to medicate their hard earned status away. I have been chasing CRF19.....and know it is a bit difficult to add some of these. But, unlike the other response...superinfections are indeed possible......just got the confirmation that I now have both HIV1 and HIV2.......no CRF infections....but that does not mean I will stop trying.

Don't worry too much.....just go out and fuck...it is what we were meant to do.

Guest plowmeraw

It's hard to say whether your virus is more "dangerous" or not. According to my physician, a muted virus is often a weaker virus. I have a strain that was resistant to some meds, but this also made the strain more sensitive to other meds (i.e., the medication works even better). So my treatment regime ended up being pretty standard. The key is finding a physician who specializes in HIV and is up on his/her research. Regarding superinfection, that means you have more than one strain. You only have one strain, so it would not appear that you have a superinfection. I have read that they were mostly "theoretical" and there are very few cases. Given that you are on meds, my understanding is that it is highly unlikely that you would pick up another strain, as your ARVs would stop the new strain "in its tracks." 

11 hours ago, SuccessfulChaser said:

No doubt, the evidence indicates the CRF mutations/strains can present issues to those who choose to try to medicate their hard earned status away. I have been chasing CRF19.....and know it is a bit difficult to add some of these. But, unlike the other response...superinfections are indeed possible......just got the confirmation that I now have both HIV1 and HIV2.......no CRF infections....but that does not mean I will stop trying.

Don't worry too much.....just go out and fuck...it is what we were meant to do.

You say it's possible & you are not on meds?

"can present issues" like what?

45 minutes ago, plowmeraw said:

It's hard to say whether your virus is more "dangerous" or not. According to my physician, a muted virus is often a weaker virus. I have a strain that was resistant to some meds, but this also made the strain more sensitive to other meds (i.e., the medication works even better). So my treatment regime ended up being pretty standard. The key is finding a physician who specializes in HIV and is up on his/her research. Regarding superinfection, that means you have more than one strain. You only have one strain, so it would not appear that you have a superinfection. I have read that they were mostly "theoretical" and there are very few cases. Given that you are on meds, my understanding is that it is highly unlikely that you would pick up another strain, as your ARVs would stop the new strain "in its tracks." 

Thank you for the information!
I can say my subtype is not resistant to any drugs from my drug resistant test. At least for now.