Would you take loads if Meds did not exist?

hungry_hole

I still remember the days when the "gay disease" was killing hundreds of men who once they were infected there was little that could be done. In other words, a death sentence. I wonder what would be happening now if no HIV drugs were available. So many men, me included, have risked so much because ultimately we knew that we con go on therapy.

If HIV drugs were not available, would you still have anonymous sex in bathhouses and gloryholes?

• Moderators

I did. I started taking loads in 1992 after 6-7 years of condoms only. I knew I was taking big risks, but once I had taken my first bare load again, I could not stop. 

I don't know what I would do now, but I cannot imagine I would stop. 

• Upvote 2

Guest ff-whole

I don't really think about the meds...
The raw slutty sex I want as a bareback bottom is so fucking intoxicating that once I moved over the fear little by little, it is now at a stage that the fear has almost been dulled to a small statistic and the sex and loads are just never enough to satisfy my lust...
I too started roughly around the late 80's begin 90's and have been lucky so far. I must be honest though... A lot of ignorance might have played a not so minor role...

So yes I did but definitely would have taken bare loads again... 

Guest Deviantlad

I will only bareback so that means I give and take everything. It was the way I was brought up and too old to change now ;@)))

I'm the same .... I only take my loads bare and raw!!  I really don't care about the diseases or the meds, for me it's all about spreading my legs and pleasing the stud!!

Bare backing is far from a new thing.  At the start of the age of AIDS there were men taking loads despit knowing better.  

The term itself...in this context...was coined in the early 90s.  I was so grateful when I discovered.  The phrase "I want you to fuck me and cum in my ass" takes so long.  

• Upvote 1

There is pretty much no doubt that with the development of meds and the ability to be treated for HIV/AIDS to reduced effects and outcome, that it has made BB and completely anon unprotected sex more open and acceptable. Now each individual has the choice to live or to die with the disease as he chooses, if they choose to go with risky and do indeed get caught with it's consequences. This option of having the choice to med up or not to med up has opened the doorway and thus given somewhat of a safety net, for those that have longed for an open and promiscuous sex life without the ultimate defined death sentence that it once was guaranteed to be.

Ultimately though, I believe there has been and are always going to be that few percentage that would have still had unprotected sex regardless of the consequences and regardless if the development of meds had have happened or not. Strangely those types of individuals have really become my heroes in many ways. For all the years since my first BB encounters and being broken in as a bottom, I have been a chicken shit and the thoughts of the consequences of contracting HIV/AIDS scared the hell out of me to the point of restricting to only safe sex as much as possible or no sex at all. As of the beginning of 2016 I began to realize a lot of things and realize what a fool I have been over the years and how my chicken shit thinking and dodging the bullet has been so useless and wasted so much of my life and time. I look back at all of this with all the hind site and so wished that I'd known about all the facts and possibilities back in the beginning and had taken the chances and joined the few percentage of those guys that were enjoying uninhibited sex regardless of the consequences. I've missed out on so much in life and none of which can ever be recovered this late in life.

Just suppose that an ultimately super, super, super med resistant bug comes along, (which is very likely), and begins to flourish and will not be able to be controlled and thus goes unchecked for years to come. Will there still be those that take the chances knowingly that it is most certain that they will contract the infection and that most certainly death will eventually be the end consequences, YES, I do believe and am sure there will be many that will take it on and go with it to the end regardless. I know for myself at this time. that when the brave stand up and are counted in such a scenario, that this time around I will be standing with those that take the challenge regardless and supporting my fellow BareBackers and standing along side of them in the ranks.

I would like to say that I would have....but truth be known, I did not chase until much later in life.   Easy to be a fearless fucker when you have a backup plan.  I think the same goes for the PrEP guys.....easy to be bold when you have a magic shield

Edited by rede4it
errors

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah. I'm one of those guys who did. I watched my brother die a horrible death from AID's during the early 80's. I was married (to a woman). I was caught in the cultural web of religion that prevented me from self acceptance.  Even in the face of horrible disease, faithfulness to a person I love/loved, and 'God' (rolls eyes), I still took loads. I'd fight the desire, often with tears and crushing shame and guilt, praying to be "delivered," but would find my self in a restroom stall offering my ass to a cock slid underneath the partition or bending over to receive a cock protruding from a glory hole.

When I finally processed through my ethnocentricity and accepted myself, the obsessiveness dropped away, but not the desire (need?). For me, my sex drive supersedes any cognitive desire or ideal that might oppose it. I write that, not  bragging, but matter of factly. I may have developed differently had I not had so many cultural imperatives to get over. For me, sex was my only means of affirmation for years. If I had had self acceptance early on, my sex drive may have been more controlled, I don't know.

For me, the threat of hurting my wife, who I desperately didn't want to hurt, displeasing "God" (which just turned out to be my ideas of "God") and a horrible disease and death were not enough to keep me from taking loads. I'd probably taken thousands before the successful meds came out. 

On a side note, I've only been poz and on meds for about a year. 

• Upvote 1

Well, I took it bare my whole life. I started 1976 sucking cocks and got fucked first time two years later. Nobody knew about AIDS at this time. When the first news about it came up, I was in fear. But I could never resist to take it bare. And in the 80´s it seemed to be totally deathly. But I didn´t care at this time and I don´t care today.