Would you take loads if Meds did not exist?

hungry_hole

I guess I’ll have to be the one who bucks the trend in this thread, because if there were no treatment for the Enemy Virus, not only would I not take loads bare, I would become celebate. Under those circumstances I could not in good conscience risk being the vector by which the disease spread.

Have taken loads way back before the better meds and risked it back then to an extent, so yes, would definitely take the chances, as some have said before, I just cain't stop with the urges.

I guess I am with the majority here...I would as well. I started barebacking and taking loads before AIDS and HIV were around. I love the feeling of a Man shooting his seed inside me. It is like a drug. Once you've had it, you have to have more. Granted, it did catch up with me and I became poz and am on meds. But if they didn't exist, I'd still go only bareback...I can't fight that feeling. 

Guest btchbyl

yes. i took loads long before i knew about meds. im addicted to having loads shot up my ass so i couldnt stop if i wanted to.

I think a lot of guys talk a big game because it sounds hot or taboo or whatever to say your desire for bareback sex is worth dying a horrible, painful death as you waste away.  In reality, thank a God there are effective treatments for HIV (no cure and the disease still damages your body).  If the big talkers and bug chasers and shit really believed what they post online, they would decline taking any meds and already would be dead or battling a whole host of infections and disease and too preoccupied with just trying to stay alive from day to day they wouldn’t be posting on sex websites.

Maybe there should be some educational piece that graphically shows the reality of what being infected with hiv and not receiving treatment is actually like. Unfortunately millions of people who died of aids in the 80’s  and 90’s knew that horror first hand.

i say glamorize sex, YES!  Glamourizing death and disease, see a psychiatrist. 

I wouldn't, but I would do my best to quickly get in a monogamous relationship with a guy and after a few months of testing start going bare with him.

Before I started PrEP I only let one guy breed me that I had been playing with for years, however I admit I did fuck a few hot bottoms BB because I felt a bit safer being on top.

Now that Im on PrEP I only do Bareback, If somehow I get pozzed I know its not the end of the world because there are meds to keep me healthy. If that "backup plan" didnt exist and the was just preventable meds (truvada) no treatment available if PrEP fails, well I probably still would BB but would be much more selective and much less often.