Canadian man denied entry to US after Scruff and BBRT profiles mention taking loads

iamtheone

Wow, damn. Thanks for posting this iamtheone. It reminds me of when the Nazis took over in Berlin. Before the Nazis, Berlin was very liberal. After they threw gays in concentration camps. There are always certain people who hate us, often hiding under the surface, give them power and this is how they use it.

Thanks for posting this. It's horrifying and disgusting behavior on the part of the government. I had no idea they could demand your passwords at the border. It is shocking. I can't imagine trying to explain to some bully in a uniform what taking loads means. Jees is it that hard to figure out!?

5 hours ago, Treehugger said:

I had no idea they could demand your passwords at the border. It is shocking. 

What's more shocking to many is learning that the "border zone" (in which your Fourth Amendment rights may be suspended) extends 100 miles inland, and possibly around all International Ports (including Airports). It wouldn't be so bad if law enforcement officers had an exemplary track record, but they have been known to abuse their authority in the past. Sure there are supposed to be certain criteria that have to be met, but trying to fight a case all the way to the Supreme Court is beyond the reach of the majority of those likely to be affected by this. 

https://www.aclu.org/other/constitution-100-mile-border-zone

AIUI they have to allow a US citizen to go home, but if they want your passwords and you don't divulge them, they have the right to confiscate your device(s).

4 hours ago, paskin said:

What's more shocking to many is learning that the "border zone" (in which your Fourth Amendment rights may be suspended) extends 100 miles inland, and possibly around all International Ports (including Airports). It wouldn't be so bad if law enforcement officers had an exemplary track record, but they have been known to abuse their authority in the past. Sure there are supposed to be certain criteria that have to be met, but trying to fight a case all the way to the Supreme Court is beyond the reach of the majority of those likely to be affected by this. 

https://www.aclu.org/other/constitution-100-mile-border-zone

AIUI they have to allow a US citizen to go home, but if they want your passwords and you don't divulge them, they have the right to confiscate your device(s).

Wow! I never thought I would be learning stuff like this on a bareback site. Its unnerving. Thanks for the link. I am glad to know more about this.

It was in the news recently here in NL that this soon may become part of the US security clearance procedure for traveling to the US at Amsterdam Airport. Outrage all over and rightly so. We don't need a visa to travel to the US but you still have to go through this before you are allowed to board the flight. I wonder what the reaction of the US government would be if the same was done to Americans traveling to another country. Outrage because of the violation of US citizen's rights?

Maybe it's an option to put your phone in your checked luggage. But then again they would probably ask why you are traveling without a cell phone (who doesn't have one nowadays) and they retrieve your luggage to check that. Last time I travelled to the US (years ago) I was advised not to lock my suitcase because customs in the US would open it and the lock could be damaged if they had to break it open. Did not feel comfortable at all. If some dickhead would open my suitcase and slip a pound of coke in it I would end up in jail in the US.

International travel is gradually becoming more difficult as the years go by. Body scanners at airports produce interesting results with body piercings (I have a pa and nip piercing, and also a plate in my collar bone and screw holding bones together in my ankle). The first time I ran into one was in Bangkok and the poor guy running it got into a right dither. Last time was in Dallas/Fort Worth.. they looked at the images for almost 5 minutes before letting me go through. Have had no problems in Europe  thank goodness.

I don't travel overseas with the mobile phone or lap top .. I store them securely at home.. am also selective with what documents/magazines I carry eg list of good bars/fuck clubs etc.

My bags were searched in both Dallas/Fort Worth and Orlando in 2013.. don't know what they thought of the leather gear.. chaps/harness/boots etc but nothing was said.. just a note in the case advising that it had been a check.

Am going to Hawaii in a few weeks.. be interesting to see what sort of reception I get.. they have accumulated lots of picis and fingerprints of me over the years.. last time he looked a the new pici and  compared it to the last and said.. no change you can go...