Deleting Old Posts

• Moderators

This is your second post about this issue. You really need to let it go. If you don't like our rules, then don't post here. 

For everyone's benefit here is why we don't delete posts/accounts:

1. Guys post here, and then later (after they shoot most likely) they regret giving voice to their darker desires. They want to get rid of these posts.
    Then a few days later (maybe a few hours), they get turned on again and post more or less the same thing. Then they feel regret again and want to delete. 
    This became a huge workload burden on staff, so rawTOP decided not to allow it anymore.
  2. This does not really answer the original question here though. Why don't we let YOU delete your posts?
    Let's say you start a new thread. If it sits there for a while without anyone commenting, that is one thing, but most of the time you get responses. Once other people enter the discussion and comment on your post, it belongs to the whole community here not just to you. The fact that you don't care about a topic anymore does not change the fact that other people are now enjoying a discussion on that topic. It is not fair to everyone else to let you unilaterally decide the thread is over.
  3. Why can't we just allow you to delete your own posts?
    Go pick out any thread with more than a handful of responses. Now imagine trying to read that thread without one person's posts. All the posts that refer to that person's posts now no longer make sense. It can be done if a moderator spends half an hour or so adding editorial comments to the existing posts, so that everything makes sense again which brings us back to a workload burden on the staff. 

Thanks for the supportive nature of your response.

If someone can't ask a question without being left on for asking a question then there is a problem. 

You havecome back to me with a very aggressive tone and I don't like it.

It could be that I posted again as I didn't fully understand the process the first time and wanted to see if someone had a better suggestion that was easier to understand for getting rid of old posts that were no longer relevant.

To whom do we report the attitude on a moderator when asking a simple question?

"If you don't like it then leave" attitude does not foster a community spirit. 

• Moderators

It sounded to me like you got told "no" once and were fishing for another answer. I had already given you a clear answer here:

If you feel like I am not doing my job, you may complain to the admin, rawTOP. I stand by both my answer and my tone. 

• Upvote 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.