Dom/sub sites

I've been a member of sites like Recon and FetLife for a few years now. Some of the profiles, especially on Recon, are pretty damned exciting to read. But other than tantalized hopefulness, I haven't gotten much, if anything, in the for of connections. 

I wonder if it's because sites like that are so specialized that they end up with a huge concentration of what appears to be look alikes, and that has the effect of making lots of people invisible because they blend so well into the back drop? 

I am more and more interested in Dom/sub dynamics and exploring that more in some sort of relationship setting vs just hooking up, but sites like Recon or FetLife haven't helped accomplish that. I figure it there are many reasons, but I'd like to figure a way to connect with Dom guys for the purpose of developing and nurturing our mutual dispositions.